Hp Compaq nx6310 Driver Problems

12 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have this computer (specs down below) and I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel_Amd OS X last week.

I tried to solve my all problems by seeking these forums, but still some help is needed.

Fixed usb problema with PCGen-303.4.5 download here. And fixed audio with AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981.

But still I have these problems:

1* Audio settings are not full-usable. Can't use input and can't skype anymore :wacko:

2* I guess Graphic card is not in use. For some reason after install i done /movevideodrivers and now I have a folder called "Backup_Video_Drivers" and it includes my chipset's graphic driver i guess (IntelGMA_Drivers) but I don't even know where to put that file.

3* Wireless? As I see I won't be able to use it anymore, but is there any updated news about it?

And I am not informatical guy so if any help please post me back in an easy language. Cuz we're here 1 Polish and 1 Turkish :whistle:

Thanks by now :)

Hp Compaq nx6310

Intel Core Duo 1.6-GHz, 533-MHz, 2-MB L2 cache

Intel 945GM Express Chipset

installing kext file (video)

download a program kexthelper *you nead version/build 7

now just drag your old video kext files to the program just drop them on the icon. insert your rootpass word when asked and wait it will ask you to reboot and presto you installed your video driver,

wirerless

yes buy an other card! there only like 6-10 euro's inc shipping from ebay

sound can be patched

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

there is a trick for your chipset read the Appendix

thank you for your quick reply. i installed kextloader but and dragged graphic drivers that i have in my hdd as you said. installed. now i have 2 more resolution option. but they are:

* 640 x 480 and

* 800 x 600

i think there's no higher resolution cause of the graphic drivers that i have. isn't there any other solution that you could offer?

if you want higer res you might nead a other driver or you will have to set it in the startup file

To set your maximum screen resolution (this is entirely dependant on what screen you have):

WXGA supports a maximum of 1280x800

SXGA+ supports a maximum of 1400x1050

WXGA+ supports a maximum of 1440x900

you have to go to terminaland type in exactly

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Add this new section and change the screen resolution according to the panel type:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400x1050x32</string>

Now when you restart your system, the resolution automatically set.

You can also manually set the refresh rate to 60 Hz: 1400x1050x32@60 but this isn't recommended because it can cause a garbled display or hang the boot process.

Unfortunately you will not be able to set a higher resolution than 1400x1050

pls answer me guys. cuz i can't get my graphic card work properly (more than 1024x768) and I don't even understand any single thing from Appendix for my sound problem. everything you write is complicated. please make a little bit simpler ;)

thank you guys not even take a look to my problem :)

now i been able to do this appendix. in terminal i changed everything like you said. but i now haven't got even sound icon on top-menu.

tried to fix it back with my AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981 program again (which made it able for me to hear from laptop until 5 mins ago) but still notting changed.

please help me if this (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642&st=0) is a solution or not. cuz i'm sure that i done every step correctly.

PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME!

sorry got the key to my apartment 2 weeks back have not bin online mutch.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mgmjtyjkve

try this file only select the gma 950 driver

sound

download

http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/ADI/AD1981.txt

then get taruga adh patcher. drak the txt file to the patcher and sound sould work again

hum guys the ADI1981 on HP isn't working like other laptop, we got an always activated mute button wich needs a special driver wich is found in the forum but only laptop speakers are working.

peligraso, i suggest you get some informations on your stuff prior to try using osx, your laptop either uses gma900 or gma950 like mine, you just have to tick the boxes a the custom installation but not only this has to be ticked.

you can also fix your pc card by looking for something called pc card beta3 in the forum, then you'll be able to connect a pcmcia wireless card to get working wifi.

be sure to spend few hours to read the forum, you'll find clear informations regarding your issues.

sound

download

http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/ADI/AD1981.txt

then get taruga adh patcher. drak the txt file to the patcher and sound sould work again

taruga patcher does not work with that codec

for your audio see the link on my signature (speaker out only).

for the rest you can download and run DPCImanager, then post the output here