Spinning circle on kalyway bootup

lokeycmos

16 posts in this topic

I am installing kalyway 10.5.2 on my k8n neo 4 computer with an amd 4200+. it installs just fine, but when i goto reboot it, it  just sits with a spinning circle. i tried several different kernels with no luck. im a windows guy trying to broaden my horizons and learn more about mac  os.(so i know very little) any help would be greatly appreciated. Joe

I posted this while i was on my lunch break. Im a tottal N00b when it comes to macs. but i do want to learn. just to recap, i am able to install kalyway, but on reboot it just sits with the spinning sircle. i have tried all the kernals with no luck. im lost when it comes to mac and linux command line stuff. any suggestions are welcome.

Try booting with the -v option at boot time. List the output here. Also please list your hardware specs as to more easily help you.

Thanks!

P.S. - Literally just now got Kaly 10.5.2 working on my P6N SLI-FI...{censored} that was insane. :D

Using -v it stops at : unknown SIGSEGV code 0

the specs on my machine are:

MSI k8n neo 4 socket 939 Mobo

AMD 4200+ Proc

2gb ddr 400MHz ram

80GB IDE

Dvdburner(ide)

radeon x600 PCIe Video card

I have already tried several things such as:

-v

-s

-s cpus=1

-s -legacy

thanks for replying. I hope we can get this figured out

-Joe

There should be an option at the bottom, your also gonna have to apply the SSE2 patch along (required for AMD machines on kayway) and the "-legacy" flag option as well. Just look at each option and check it if it has something to do w/ AMD

Im a total noob to this(mac stuff). i appreciate your time and patience. I rebooted last night and there are no options to check. it just says press 'f8 for boot options' and it just takes me to the command prompt. if i dont choose f8 it goes to the spinning circle.

OMG I AM SUCH A TARD!! I got it working. I never noticed the 'customize' button during the install. Thats where the patch is!! i was trying all this {censored} at the command prompt. The only problem is no network support. Any ideas for my K8N Neo 4? Thanks for all your help and effort!

i don't think you should be calling yourself as such. the install interface is so clean and simple that you don't notice the 'customize' button. i raelized its existence only because i was actively looking for it.

anyway i used ideneb. install without problems. now it reboots just before going to video.