Asus P5Q-SE Sound and LAN working?

5 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I've been poking around the forum for hours trying to find an answer and my brain is turning to mush ;) , so thought I'd just ask; has anyone gotten sound and/or LAN working on the Asus P5Q family?

Specifically, I have a P5Q-SE; P45 chipset, Atheros L1E Gigabit LAN, Realtek ALC 1200 audio. Patched BIOS from this forum, I'll worry about making the PNY 8800 GT card work when I have sound and LAN up.

Is the solution to buy a better-supported LAN card/sound card? If so, is there something I can drop in that will 'just work'?

Thanks!

~Basandre~

@}-,-`-

• 2 weeks later...

I just built a system for a client using this board. Vista Home Premium 32-bit, old 7900GS, E8200, 2x1GB Corsair 800MHz, Enermax FMA II 460W, old 80GB WD IDE, old LG DVDRW IDE. No problems at all with sound and lan using ASUS DVD that came with board.

HOWEVER ... as soon as the main power switch on the power supply is turned on all the fans start running, the case LEDs light up, and the DVD burner activity led starts flashing. freaky weird. BTW am using a Coolermaster Centurion 534+ case.

system is not actually running, it just looks like it is. Hit the power button on the front of the case and it boots up fine, then when you try to shut down, just when you think it's going to ... back to all fans running. Anyone seen this b4? I am totally lost as to how to trouble-shoot, short of replacing components (methinks PSU 1st)

I would like to stress that other then the freaky staying on thing the system runs great.

• 1 year later...
Greetings all,

I've been poking around the forum for hours trying to find an answer and my brain is turning to mush ;) , so thought I'd just ask; has anyone gotten sound and/or LAN working on the Asus P5Q family?

Specifically, I have a P5Q-SE; P45 chipset, Atheros L1E Gigabit LAN, Realtek ALC 1200 audio. Patched BIOS from this forum, I'll worry about making the PNY 8800 GT card work when I have sound and LAN up.

Is the solution to buy a better-supported LAN card/sound card? If so, is there something I can drop in that will 'just work'?

Thanks!

~Basandre~

@}-,-`-

About LAN - Here's solution

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t140907.html