System Crash on updating iATKOS 4i to 10.5.5 .... PLS Help !

AvinashRx

2 posts in this topic

Hello Friends,

I was just able to install Mac Leopard (10.5.4) yesterday.....I am really loving it.....

Today when I checked for new updates, there were 5-6 of them including

1. Quick Time

2. Itunes

3. Mac 10.5.5

4. Java update

and a couple more which i dont remember.....

After that I downloaded all of them... Mac 10.5.5 required a restart.... but when it was getting installed....my system crashed....and telling me to restart my computer.....but when i restarted my Mac didn't load up and it kept on continuously restarting.......

After that i again installed Leopard and searched the Forums on how to upgrade iATKOS 4i to 10.5.5......I followed the steps as given :

. First, download the update directly from Apple’s website. You can grab 10.5.5 at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html

2. Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type “sudo su -” without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type “while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done” without the quotes.

3. Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

4. Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and pressing X (Ctrl + X). Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

5 Done

I did exactly the same ..... but when it was getting installed it again crashed and I again had to install Mac......

Since yesterday I've installed Mac 3 times..... and now I'm not daring to do it again .......Do I have to install the other updates like iTUNES and others and then install 10.5.5....pls help@!!!