A fear of updating...

DNhilist

3 posts in this topic

I have a general question. iTunes asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I got scared and said no. I dont want anything to interfere with my (finally) working distro (Kalyway 10.5.3).

I then tried to active Time Machine and it again prompted me to update. This time it was a plethora of different applications and such. I quickly ran away.

I ask. Should I fear updating? I have already had to reinstall after going so far. Is there away to deactivate prompts and automatic updates? Can I use Time Machine?

You are too worry! I'm installed Leo4All 10.5.2 then update it to 10.5.5 using apple combo update. So, it is working fine for me except some issues listed in my signature. Don't worry about apple update using software update except update to newly version of system such as 10.5.3 to 10.5.5. To do this you need to download Apple Combo Update 10.5.5 .dmg manually then follow the instruction can be found in this site to update it.

that all depends on what system you're running. If you're running a vanilla install, then yea you should update cause it makes things better, but you might have some issues with graphics on 10.5.5 if you have nvidia, seems they've changed a few things, but if you do it right you can get it all working better than ever. If you don't have a vanilla install then you should look around for some info first like what you need to look out for, or whatever. that being said

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT! this is peer pressure, you can't not do it now.