anyone else having troubles using UAD1 in Logig 8.02

andia

10 posts in this topic

Hello!

currently i use 4 uad1 cards in my hackintosh (OSX 10.5.2) with logic 8.02. it's a real pain in the ass, because as soon as i reach to 50% on the uad-meter the main cpu begins to spike and playback stops randomly bringing up overload messages. also i experience out of sync messages.

I have read that this is also the case with 8-core macpros and logic using uad1's.

my question is if anyone is experiencing the same problems, and if you think that maybe another host (cubase, ...) is resolving the problem.

also I want to ask if anybody already tried the new UAD-2 card with hackintoshes (under heavy load of course)

than you,

andi

just tested with reaper...I can max out the UAD-Cards to the limit. must be a logic-thing. ;):(

• 2 weeks later...

what about updating the OS X? imho since 10.5.5 the problems didn´t disappear completely, but the system runs smoother with less cpu spikes.ok - i have only one uad 1 in my sytem, but the same problems before.

what also helps a little bit is to avoid space designer in the same song......and use lower buffer rates :)

also tested with cubase 4...can max out the uad's to 96% along with a maxxed out Duende PCie!! Logic is a piece of {censored}!!!!

Are u sure about logic? did u check the official logic forum? On real macs it works!!! I saw your post also on the efi-x forum...

don't get me wrong, i really like logic, but if i can not work with it as I want to, it makes no sense. I need a reliable and stable programm and logic 8 is not. I'm quite sure that it is a logic problem, because it works well in all other hosts i tested...many mac pro users have problems with cpu spiking in conjunction with uad1 cards. I hope a logic update will solve this problem soon.

ps: I'm happy to hear that the UAD2 quad runs successfully in your system. it's the next thing that I will buy for my system. then I can ditch the uad1's.

ANDIA!!!

I work on real mac pro in studio and we use uad-1 and we dont have problems at all, we are using the UAD-1 firmware 4.7x not the last one...

try to use this too...

We never try with other drivers/firmware like last 5.x

Try :)

My setup is working fine also with latest UAD drivers 5.x.x