AppleSMBIOS.kext and CPU speed

6 posts in this topic

I have a e6300 processor (soon to be replaced with a q6600) running at 2.33 ghz. "about this mac" only shows the stock cpu speed and I cannot even edit any files manually to change the displayed text. This is the case for every version of SMBIOS I have used with the exception of version 1.0.1.

If I use AppleSMBIOS.kext version 1.0.1, it properly displays the oc speed but it also breaks sleep/wake. Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix?

it could be a kernel problem that it does not detect your cpu right i had that in 10.4.8 where my dualcore 2,6 ghz was detected as a 4ghz cpu. but when i upgraded the kernel the problem was over.

what installand kernel are you using currendly?

using vanilla kernel, efi, guid, retail install version 10.5.5. now. Same exact config with the smbios 1.0.1 properly displays oc'ed cpu speed. But sleep is more important so I use version 1.0.14 of smbios. I wonder if smbios can be modified somehow?

you did save it as plain text? you have to mark that in the prefs of text editor

did you save the text as plain text you have to mark that in the prefs of text editor.

and if system profiler was open, close it then reopen it.