Grey screen of death after install and reboot

Lukepools

5 posts in this topic

hello,

After a few failed attempts at installing Leopard, I was finally able to get it to install. The hour long process was going good until the first reboot. I did the boot disk thing and put the DVD back in the drive. It read the hard drive then read the DVD drive and then the grey screen of death came on. I knew this was trouble. I think my retail disk is 10.5.1

I have a GIGABYTE E45-DS3R Mobo

EVGA 8800GT

A 750GB Harddrive SATA paritioned in three sizes

SATA DVD ROM/Burner

Intel E8500 chipset

I did the "-v" to see all the processes, but I haven't see anything alarming. Everything goes by so fast, I can't scroll after its finished. I have basic knowledge. It took me 3 days to get to this point. Please help. Thanks!

I saw someone say do "-x" instead of "-v". It seemed to be working for longer this time, but still got the screen of death.

This is what I got with -v.

post-298173-1223185372_thumb.jpg

hello,

After a few failed attempts at installing Leopard, I was finally able to get it to install. The hour long process was going good until the first reboot. I did the boot disk thing and put the DVD back in the drive. It read the hard drive then read the DVD drive and then the grey screen of death came on. I knew this was trouble. I think my retail disk is 10.5.1

I have a GIGABYTE E45-DS3R Mobo

EVGA 8800GT

A 750GB Harddrive SATA paritioned in three sizes

SATA DVD ROM/Burner

Intel E8500 chipset

I did the "-v" to see all the processes, but I haven't see anything alarming. Everything goes by so fast, I can't scroll after its finished. I have basic knowledge. It took me 3 days to get to this point. Please help. Thanks!

I saw someone say do "-x" instead of "-v". It seemed to be working for longer this time, but still got the screen of death.

This is what I got with -v.

I have the same mobo. Suggestions:

Make sure AHCI is enabled.

boot with -f

try that.

I think I found my problem. Or at least one of them. While the computer was booting up, this came up. IT was at start up, before the iso disk reads in the drive.

System config file '/com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguartion/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

How can I fix that?