Installed Ideneb v1.1 10.5.4 but won't show welcome screen.

SAOSIN

2 posts in this topic

When I finish installing and reboot, I remove the dvd from the drive and type in cpus=2 ( I think I have to input 2 because the partitions is 2 ) and it load up the apple screen with that loading thing. Then it pop up a logo in the middle of the loading screen. Looks like a stop sign. Don't know what to do to boot up Leopard. Could anyone help me?

When I try typing in " cpus=1 " I just show the message " still waiting for root device" even when I type in -v.

When I finish installing and reboot, I remove the dvd from the drive and type in cpus=2 ( I think I have to input 2 because the partitions is 2 ) and it load up the apple screen with that loading thing. Then it pop up a logo in the middle of the loading screen. Looks like a stop sign. Don't know what to do to boot up Leopard. Could anyone help me?

When I try typing in " cpus=1 " I just show the message " still waiting for root device" even when I type in -v.

dude as far as i know,you dont type cpu=2 because partitions = 2,just type cpus=1, or nothing at all other than "-v" OR - (i.e.verbose)...ahh well take a look yourself, rather not put you in more danger due to half arsed knowledge/explanations

link

http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/02/darwi...ot-options.html

hope that helps :P

edit:i thought you ought to keep the DVD in the drive for the first boot,or use a "magic" cd,then install chameleon boot loader...

edit:heeeey,...this is my first post,now how did i not know that...greetings Hac'lings