MacOS on ASUS F3Ka

0Moped0

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

Can I install Mac OS X Leopard to notebook ASUS F3Ka (AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 Dual-core, RAM 2GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600, Atheros AR5006EG, Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC, Toshiba Bluetooth, Realtek HD Audio, HDD Fujitsu MHY2250BH, LG GSA TL-20, Ricoh SD/MMC/XD/MS)?

on my old computer this system was not run. Can run on this configuration?

As far as I know, there is currently no driver for your ATI mobility graphics chip. You can ofcourse use the regular ATI 2600 kext (kernel extension = "driver") but it will only work with an external display.

Make sure to use a Leo-Distro that supports AMD Systems in case you want to give it a try.

• 2 months later...

Done! :D

Working... partially.

Problems:

- the ide drive is not recognized (dvd-rw)

- video works - just the integrated video card (radeon X1200 igp; and when i say that it works i don`t mean that i can get effects working, i get an image, thing that i`m not able to get with the Radeon HD2600 Mobile. *didn`t try an external display yet*)

- sound works partially, there are thousands of interruptions so i can barely hear some sound.

- network: ethernet working perfect, wireless working like s..t, i don`t know what`s wrong, the driver was installed, the device is recognized, the internet works but VERYYYYY SLOW!!! I checked the Console and i found this kind of error:

"12/11/08 1:46:35 AM com.apple.kextd[10] 16AirPort_Athr5424 is not compatible with its superclass, 17IO80211Controller superclass changed?"

The operation is very fast, no problems until now but still.. if I can`t make these parts work... MacOS is useless for me but I want it so bad that I skipped sleeping for 3 nights trying to find out how to make it work. FYI, I never touched a mac in my life (really!!) and the things I read in the past few days are totally new for me.

So.. if I don`t ask too much, please guide me to some post or give me some details! I accept any advice regarding this.

Thanks a lot and long live Hachintosh!

PS: If anyone is interested how the installation was made, please ask, I`ll be happy to help.

• 4 weeks later...