Leopard on an Intel Pentium 4?

13 posts in this topic

I've got here a IBM "ThinkCentre" with a 2.40 GHZ Intel Pentium 4 CPU and a 128 MB GeForce FX5200 Video card. I've successfully burned the Kalyway DVD and it started to run for the most part... After pressing enter to boot from the disc, my PC just restarts on me, does this mean my CPU is un-supported? I tried it on my friends supiror PC and it worked perfect. He's got a dual core 2. somethin' ghz, 1 Gb of ram, and a 256 MB NVIDIA video card (Sorry, don't know EXACT specs of his computer...).

And if my CPU isn't supported by Leopard, my question is would it be supported by Tiger?

Here's my exact specs just in case:

CPU: 2.40 GHZ Intel Pentium 4

RAM: 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM

GPU: nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB

Motherboard: IBM 8194A1U

Thanks in advance!

I've got here a IBM "ThinkCentre" with a 2.40 GHZ Intel Pentium 4 CPU and a 128 MB GeForce FX5200 Video card. I've successfully burned the Kalyway DVD and it started to run for the most part... After pressing enter to boot from the disc, my PC just restarts on me, does this mean my CPU is un-supported? I tried it on my friends supiror PC and it worked perfect. He's got a dual core 2. somethin' ghz, 1 Gb of ram, and a 256 MB NVIDIA video card (Sorry, don't know EXACT specs of his computer...).

And if my CPU isn't supported by Leopard, my question is would it be supported by Tiger?

Here's my exact specs just in case:

CPU: 2.40 GHZ Intel Pentium 4

RAM: 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM

GPU: nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB

Motherboard: IBM 8194A1U

Thanks in advance!

I cannot get any Leopard distro to work with my P4 system (see signature) for various reasons depending on the distro. But JAS 10.4.8 works like a charm for me...

I cannot get any Leopard distro to work with my P4 system (see signature) for various reasons depending on the distro. But JAS 10.4.8 works like a charm for me...

Hey i am having the same problem

where can i find JAS 10.4.8 i searched for it in torrents but the availability is low

do you have another source

Thanks in advance

Jagger27: Thanks for the information.

kytzu: According to CPU-Z, I have MMX, SSE, and SSE2.

SDRacer48: Well, I've actually got JaS 10.4.8 torrenting now, so I'll see how it works once it's done (It'll be a few days >_>').

Jagger27: Thanks for the information.

kytzu: According to CPU-Z, I have MMX, SSE, and SSE2.

SDRacer48: Well, I've actually got JaS 10.4.8 torrenting now, so I'll see how it works once it's done (It'll be a few days >_>').

can you please type the type the torrent name, just the name to make sure i got it too

thanks in advance

Sorry about the double post but, I've burned the image and everything and it lets me install for the most part. The first time I tried installing (JaS 10.4.8) It said there were errors and to restart the computer, so Im going to try again...

EDIT: Apparently, it gets an error around the "BSD System" (or whatever that was) installation area...

EDIT again: Nevermind, it seems to have gotten past that little snag! (Posting from my old G3 iMac by the way)

PROBLEM! I installed Tiger fine, but I can't boot into it! If I press F8 to select an OS, it doesn't list OS X, Just Windows. Anybody know how to fix this? (Also I think I can do it with a boot-loader, correct? See, it didn't actually install one-if it should have at all-so I'm a little stuck here)