Anyone with an Acer Travelmate 5520g?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone with an Acer Travelmate 5520g and working with OSx86?

A friend wants to install OSX on this machine, but I don't know if OSX really can be installed on this hardware.

The configuration is:

Processor: AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz

Wireless adapter: Broadcom 802.11 g

Network adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

Audio adapter: Realtek high definition audio

Could anyone tell me if OSX supports these hardware parts and what's the best distribution of OSx86 to install on this machine?

Thank you.

Regards.

• 3 months later...

Having same question and the same laptop.

The problem is in this:

When I'm starting to bool from DVD (Kalyway, iDeneb 10.5.5 and 10.5.6, iPC 10.5.6, will try Leo4All 4.x) system freeze on console and don't spin DVD-rom. And don't boot on GUI. Maybe issue in DVD-rom or it's controller on motherboard?

Same Hackintosh builds boots and works perfectly on my old (mmm, not mine at this moment) Dell Inspiron 6400 (E1505).

Thanks for advance for reply.

Hope anybody can help us?

• 3 weeks later...
Having same question and the same laptop.

The problem is in this:

When I'm starting to bool from DVD (Kalyway, iDeneb 10.5.5 and 10.5.6, iPC 10.5.6, will try Leo4All 4.x) system freeze on console and don't spin DVD-rom. And don't boot on GUI. Maybe issue in DVD-rom or it's controller on motherboard?

Same Hackintosh builds boots and works perfectly on my old (mmm, not mine at this moment) Dell Inspiron 6400 (E1505).

Thanks for advance for reply.

Hope anybody can help us?

Hi, if still any question u are welcome

System is installed now

First of all idlehalt=0 -v in boot parameters...

Mail me denis A celltick.com if any

• 8 months later...

Hi guys...

I have the same Acer TravelMate 5520g notebook as u do and I've recently tried to install W7 on it, but after few trials I decided to abandon that operation and install Mac OS.

I was searching for the solutions how to do that and found this Forum.

So, please can u enlight me a lil bit about the process and teach me how to do that if u manage to make things work on your machines.

Which drivers do I need and where to find them?How should I run an installation process?Which Mac OS is able to work on my machine?

Do u have some probs with your "new" Mac now?Did u have some system crashes???

I'm really sick of all Microsoft OS so I want to try this first before I switch to Ubuntu eventually (if Mac doesn't work).

Cheers.

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

I don't know if there's a big difference between the 5520 and 5520g, but I succesfully installed iAtkos v7

(Leopard 10.5.7)

Wireless works out of the box as does audio.

When installing you have to select the IDE drivers or the system gives you the message "waiting for root device"

I've installed it twice (first on an MBR formatted HD, and then on a GPT HD)

The second install suffers from an annoying lag when moving the mouse, it seems to be because of the wrong IDE drivers (or maybe the GPT formatted HD causes the problem), but I have my hopes up, we can get it to work.

I also installed SL, but I can't get it to boot with or without boot params (such as -x -f -v). I also can't see the error message as it reboots after loading the kexts.

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I hope to receive some suggestions and I hope to help those who also own this Laptop