Buffer error? stuck at grey apple logo?

entranced boy

3 posts in this topic

kalyway 10.5.2 dvd, sse2/sse3 on a dell inspiron 8600 laptop

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 sse2/sse3 onto my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop (Intel Pentium M chip). Installation went fine. So I boot up the computer and when it boots up I get stuck on this screen that has a gray apple logo and spinning circle.

Ok so i tried rebooting and booting using the "-v" command. It stops at:

Mac Framwork successfully initialized

using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers

Can anyone suggest a solution to fix this? If not, is there another patch package I can download that would work with my laptop?

Thanks!

Re-install, look for an option for a patched ACPI kext, rather than a vanilla one. I had the same problem with my Atom machine with iAtkos 1.0r3, took me forever to figure it out.. :) The installer CD is obviously using the correct kext, since it boots up fine, you just need to get that kext installed during the install.. :)

Re-install, look for an option for a patched ACPI kext, rather than a vanilla one. I had the same problem with my Atom machine with iAtkos 1.0r3, took me forever to figure it out.. :D The installer CD is obviously using the correct kext, since it boots up fine, you just need to get that kext installed during the install.. :)

Thanks this worked for me!