Really odd Problem booting kalyway

joc_ok

7 posts in this topic

hi everybody

i have a DELL Inspiron 1420 and im trying to boot kalyway 10.5.2 (patched with cameleon fix)

the dvd starts booting and loading a lot of things from the dvd drive (black screen and white words) but when it ends it freezes on a black screen that show me some credits and it says: "Mac framework succesfully initialized using 10485 buffer... Ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 0:23"

I cant press any key and nothing happens so i'm stuck there.

Any ideas ??? anybody with the same problem??

Thx a lot anyway.

Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem as joc_ok, except I'm using a DELL XPS M1330.

Basic specs here:

Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.40GHz

2x 2GB DDR-667MHz

GeForce 8400M-GS with 128MB GDDR3

WD-320GB SATA 5400rpm (AHCI)

And the last screen I got: screen

(sorry for the poor camera quality)

Plz help us! Thanks in advance ;)

hi everybody

i have a DELL Inspiron 1420 and im trying to boot kalyway 10.5.2 (patched with cameleon fix)

the dvd starts booting and loading a lot of things from the dvd drive (black screen and white words) but when it ends it freezes on a black screen that show me some credits and it says: "Mac framework succesfully initialized using 10485 buffer... Ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 0:23"

I cant press any key and nothing happens so i'm stuck there.

Any ideas ??? anybody with the same problem??

Thx a lot anyway.

This error message normally indicates a BIOS problem.......also you need to check your MOBO chipset.....is it ATI 690T/600SB or Intel 965PM/GM.......which one will determine your choice of chipset in the Installer Customize menu etc......

In BIOS depending on your BIOS parameters and setting options, check for

Configure SATA as "AHCI" or Serial-ATA Configuration [Enabled]

JMicron SATA / PATA Controller [Disabled].....if JMicron present.....unless it works for you [Enabled].....but JMicron is known to cause problems for some....but JMicron patches for OS X Install DVDs are now appearing......

JMicron Controller Mode [AHCI]....if present.....

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

mmmm i just tried but it seems like all the bios are ok.... im using the JMicron patch... because i have no other choice... probable that is causing this odd problem....

if someone knows a way without having to use the Jmicron patch plz tell me.