Compaq C776CA vista osx86 dual

3 posts in this topic

hey guys,

So i've been playing around with dual booting vista and osx86 on my laptop, and I can successfully dual boot but the alps touchpad driver get's screwed up after I boot to vista and then back to osx. I've tried using the darwin bootloader as well as Easybcd. The only way that I can get the touchpad working again is to boot into single user mode (-s) using the iAtkos dvd and fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0, flag 2, update, write; this allows the touchpad to work in osx, but then of course the vista partition won't boot.

Thanks in advance.

hey guys,

So i've been playing around with dual booting vista and osx86 on my laptop, and I can successfully dual boot but the alps touchpad driver get's screwed up after I boot to vista and then back to osx. I've tried using the darwin bootloader as well as Easybcd. The only way that I can get the touchpad working again is to boot into single user mode (-s) using the iAtkos dvd and fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0, flag 2, update, write; this allows the touchpad to work in osx, but then of course the vista partition won't boot.

Thanks in advance.

A small little package put together by Vanilla has worked well for touchpad on most other C700s also has reduced temps. You can hind it here

Good luck

• 8 months later...

I've ran into a problem like this. I can dual boot fine but after running vista, the touchpad / trackpad acts funky when I boot up OS X. If I unplug the computer and remove the battery and then boot OS X everything is fine. If I only boot into OS X everything works fine session to session but something in Vista is leaving something in a memory location or something that is wacking OS X when it tries to address the track pad.

This is on a C706nr that I upgraded the processor to a 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo. I'm running iPC 10.5.6 and have the alps touchpad driver and FFScroll loaded.

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreicated.