Atheros AR5007E Installation Kalyway10.5.2

raziiq

13 posts in this topic

Hi i m a newbie and just installed Mac OS (Kalyway 10.5.2)

I installed MAC OS without the Drivers, i am having the Video and Sound on my Desktop after installing but i cant get my Wifi to work. I read alot about installing the Wifi Adapters on this Forum but those all are really for advanced user, can someone please guide me with the Step by Step guide to install my Aethros Wifi??

You really need to read around the forums first!! Also Google a little!

Not trying to be mean n stuff, it just saves you alot of hassle and others

I currently have the same wifi card, its pointless trying to get it to work to be honest, to much time - No result.

Buy a new card which you know works, not to hard. But make sure the card is a PCI-E no PCI.

I have found one for £15 and i'm buying tomorrow when I get payed

The one i'm buying is a Broadcom 4311, if you were wondering. Works with the drivers found in the sticky at the top of this forum called "driver beta for broadcom 43xx" or something like that!

good luck!

Another great option most people don't think of is to ask your friends.

Seriously, you don't want to steal their Wifi card. You want to trade. Your AR5007 will work great in Windows, which I'm betting is all they use. I swapped my OSX-incompatible Intel 3945 mini PCIe card with an AR5006 from a Toshiba Satellite. Cost me nothing, cost the Toshiba owner nothing (actually claims to get better signal), and now my Acer has natively working Wifi! No harm in asking / checking. Think outside the box, save some cash :thumbsup_anim: