Leopard 10.5.5 hangs on boot

BillDivX

3 posts in this topic

I am following LTL's guide for installing 10.5.5 vanilla kernel with Chameleon. I currently have Kalyway running fine (well, as well as it does for me), and the install of leopard, updater, post-patch, and chameleon all went fine, but when trying to boot into the new install, I get a hang at the grey apple screen, after about the amount of time you would expect it to be done loading (the circle makes several round trips and then stops).

I ran with -v, and it stopped at:

Sep 26 07:49:23 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[78]: starting.

Looking through the boot up text, there are a few warnings, but all of them exist in the working kalyway install as well. Is there a possible way to track this down, or am I better off with a different install strategy (i.e. trying 10.5.4, etc.)

Thank you for the advice. I tried this, and sure enough safe mode will boot properly, however, even after configuring all of my drivers, and trying a couple variations, I still cannot get 10.5.5 to boot except in safe mode. I will go home at lunch today and edit this post with the last few lines of verbose mode in the hopes that somebody can give further advice.