Need Installation Help Folks . . .

BurtonJEB

12 posts in this topic

Hello folks, I finally have an extra computer to experiment on and I am having a problem with installing IDENEB v1.54. I got through the installation but when it reboots it goes to a MAC screen saying I need to reboot by holding in the power button and powering off the machine. But this is as far as it will go. When I used the Kalyway version it wouldn't even finish the install before an installation error came up and I redownloaded it and burned it to DVD again and still the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My spec are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte G4 K8NSC-939

RAM: 2g

VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512ram AGP

Somethings make sense to me when customizing before installation and some things do not (like the fixes,kernels,etc.) And one more question. . .If I format and partition the drive, do my customizing before installation and install and it doesn't work do I have to reformat everytime I change the customization or can I just change it and reinstall. Thanks again.

Hey,

On the customization screen make sure to select the "nForce old" chipset driver. Your chipset is fairly old and if you install the new one you'll get a kernel panic. (Which is the message saying you need to restart your computer).

And i would recommend reformatting the drive before installing just in case the files dont get confused.

Good luck and pm me for anything else

Heres the attached kext and guide (Containts Right Code)

Ok i've attached the AppleNForceATA kext from the iDeneb dvd on the thread. Heres how you're gonna install it

1) Unzip the kext and put it on the root of a flash drive

2) Boot your comp from the dvd and install as normal (Do not select any of the nForce chipset packages)

3) After installation reboot you comp but you need to boot back into the installer dvd

4) Open up the terminal (Utilites>Terminal) Note: To make things easier I will be referring "OSX86" to the drive that has leopard on it and "USB" to the flash drive

5) Type in these commands:

rm -rf /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

Note: This is a precautionary measure. There shouldn't be that kext in the extensions folder but if it was we just deleted it

cp -R /Volumes/USB/AppleNForceATA.kext /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

Now that we just copied the kext from the USB drive to the HDD, lets repair the permissions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions

Exit terminal, reboot with "-f -v" at the F8 prompt (From the HDD this time), cross your fingers and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

KextInstall.txt