leo4allv3 (10.5.2) install constantly resets after first few steps

mingle

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've just burned the latest leo4allv3 (10.5.2) DVD image but am hitting problems pretty much as soon as I boot from the DVD.

When the DVD boots, it getting to the step when it is loading "/SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS" (about the 4th or 5th step) but then the PC just resets.

I've also tried hitting F8, which gives me the "Boot:" prompt. When I try the "-v" boot flag, the info I'm seeing when it attempts to boot, is the same as when it boots without intervention.

When I try typing "?" and hitting enter, I get single line along the top of the screen which says:

"Timeout=8 Number of seconds to pause at the boot: prompt.ng"

... and nothing else - not really very helpful! :-)

I've tried it on two machines (HP D530S and Compaq D510 - both of which have SSE2 CPUs) and it does the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Mike.

additional info: It appears that it fails at the following step:

"Loading HFS+ file : [system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 422d690"

It displays this line (twice), then the small rotating "/" appears for a few seconds, then the machine resets.

I've also just tried the same DVD on an IBM Thinkpad R51 and it gets to the OSX installer GUI with only the odd warning message, so the DVD appears to be fine...

It seems that this is a reasonably frequent error, but I've yet to find any suggestions or solutions.

Are there any boot flags I can try?

Cheers,

Mike.