10.4.8: Kernel Panic on Boot

Serialcode

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

Firstly, forgive me if this is a well documented problem. With all of the various guides, HCLs, and various other OSx86 things I've read today, I think I'm suffering from information overload.

Anyhow, I'm looking to install Mac OS X 10.4.8. I have a working copy of JaS AMD/Intel SSE3-SSE2 PPF1 & PPF2 release.

I am trying to install a copy of OS X to it's own hard drive. I am not in a dual boot scenario.

Hardware Specs:

Dell Dimension 4500

Intel 845G Chipset

Pentium 4 2.26Ghz

2GB DDR RAM

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT

The installation itself went without issue. As I boot, the gray screen with the Apple logo and spinning progress indicator shows up but then the system Kernel Panics.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Is there a way to access the KP log?

Hi, Im not to familiar with your hardware, but booting with the verbose ("-v") argument might tell you why and when the problem occurs! Its a long time since I last installed Jas 10.4.8, but make sure to choose "customize" and check the appropriate kernel etc (Not vanilla!). Hardware drivers for ethernet and GFX card etc can be installed later on. You might also want to try disabling all "non-crucial" devices in Bios (onboard sound, ethernet etc).

I tend to believe that your hardware should work with Tiger (might be that onboard stuff like audio or ethernet has to be replaced with PCI cards though). Don`t give up!

kulos