How to apply a .bspatch to a .kext?

mulletman13

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm on a 90% fully working installation, and I'd like to try out something that fellow forum member Turbo put on his site.

Here is his site:

http://0xfeedbeef.com/osx86/

Here is the post I'm interested in:

Intel GMA 3100 Motherboard, such as DG33BUC (2008-08-18 12:55)

Purpose: Get GMA video working

Notes: OK, I scraped together enough $$$ to pick up a DG33BUC board and make a minimal test system. First problem is video.

You need to go into the BIOS and set the video to "Fixed" instead of "DVMT" for the system to even boot. This will get you booting.

To take it a step further, you can use this patch for AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer (1.5.28.21) to enable the native framebuffer support.

This is useful so that you can utilize the built-in screen sharing and set the resolution etc. There is a still a problem with the local mouse pointer, though

He links to the patch (which is a .bspatch)-- and I've tried applying it with bspatch in Terminal. The issue is that a kext is a directory and it will not proceed. I've read that I could do it in XCode, but I've not found anywhere on how to do that. If anybody could shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it. I've uploaded my AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in case anybody is feeling adventurous and would like to patch it for me.

Thanks!

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip