InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID

cool318

12 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen.

When OSX first starts loading hit F8 to bring you to a command prompt of sorts. Enter "-x -v" (no quotes) and you should at least be able to get to your main system.

"-x" is safe-mode which prevents a lot of {censored} from loading if I'm not mistaken and "-v" is just for verbose so you can see all the fancy text whizzing by.

I was fortunate enough to have my network support come back when I booted like this and then I updated my networking files, fixed permissions, and was fine after that but there's always sneaker-netting files using a memory-stick if you have access to a second computer.

I'm no expert by far but I hope that'll at least give you a starting-point...!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue. As far as I know, my Lan is updated, my firewire seems fine...

I let it sit for about 2-3 minutes and then it finishes booting. I'd like to get rid of that issue too. Right now, I'm running 10.5.4 and getting ready for the scary update to 10.5.5-6 with my PNY GeForce 9400 GT 1024MB. I can get full resolution but no QE.

I've tried the NVInject 0.2.1, the OSX86 tool for writing a secret code to the efi, and a few other solutions. It's only been like a 50 hr project. But alas, I digress. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I  install jas 10.5.4 on my nc6000 with success 

- Ethernet (no wifi) , mouse, keyboard laptop, ... works perfectly

I Have two problem

1) The boot time takes 3 min because the boot process hang on this line

no network interfaces, could not update platform uuid

I tried to search uuid.kext without any result ....

2) the mouse cursor with my ati video card (32M) seems to be have  a bug with refresh when I open

windows (the shadow ?)

Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" release and installed it, but it won't boot. I got the "Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" problem before, when I launched it not in verbose mode but with "cpus=1" parameter, I got at least such a turning thingy on my white Apple screen, but nothing after that.

Then I disabled HyperThreading on my Pentium 4 CPU and ran again in verbose mode, just to see the network interfaces error mentioned in this post.

I ran again using "-x -v" as parameters, and got a lot of text rushing through my screen, but after a while, it reached "InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID" again. I waited long enough, as others said before that you have to wait 2-3 minutes at this line, but even in secure mode it's not working for me!

Any help? Thanks!

EDIT:

Oh, this is FAIL. Just as I wrote the post (like 20 minutes after seeing the network interface line), my PC bootet! Freaking {censored}, it's working! Just no ethernet, and it takes reeaaalllly long to boot, but otherwise NICE JOB x86 CREW!!