Quicktime... still

Tobias6

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Basically, quicktime dies.. all the effing time. I tried updating quicktime, made it worse if anything. Before that QT would play .mpg files only... ghey...

Read other topics, nothing works.

Sig shoes Im running an AMD, tried marvin's util. Patched /system/library/quicktime/ to no avail, attempted patching of entire volume, still no joy, errors abound everywhere with that one.

Mostly wouldnt be a prob (VLC FTW!), but Apple INSIST on embedding QT into other progs... trying to use Motion 3, but it crashes on select template or load. Runs when Rosetta is applied to QT AND Motion, but hangs when I preview / drop in certain elements into workspace.

I read here it could be to do with Nforce4 + nvidia card (which I have) but I did EFI install after NVinject kext failed to support QE.

A pattern to the crashes are normally (as in post above) thread 0 crashed and libSystem.B.dylib being first line

Drawing a blank here... hit a brick wall :). HEEEEELP! :help:

-T :blowup:

Hey,

Try updating your quicktime using AMD Software Updater instead of the mac updater. QT works perfectly on my machine

I personally don't like quicktime, but i think OS X would kill itself if I deleted it

Hah, just got back to my machine, updating to 10.5.4 (4minds AMD update) then pre-modded update to 10.5.5 (hopefully), I reckon I couldnt get Marvins tool to penetrate properly... anyone else had that issue? Hmm...

I DID delete QT before I left this 4 weekend. OSx not a happy bunny...

Going to try an use modbin kernel in 4minds update, then the new StageXNU kernel if I have no joy with modbin.

Also getting QT update pkg with Zeph's ASU. See what happens...

-T

Well, that all went horribly, horribly wrong.

Found that the QT errors were because of a plugin .component NOT being translated by Marvin's util.

IF you had the same problem it CAN BE FIXED by Marvin's util or Zephyroth's AMD updater when applied correctly.

But now, I have a update applied improperly by Zeph's prog causing Kernel panic on startup, then when I fixed the panic by replacing kernel with modbin (stageXNU also panic) I get a sigsegv error (when started with -f -v) and it freezes on boot with stop sign on grey apple screen (when normal boot).

On my repair install atm. Will post my results if I can fix main install.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-T