Stops at "Validating Package Payload"

AmightySi

20 posts in this topic

Hey,,

Im trying to install iatkos v2.0 on my dell XPS m1330.

Im trying to install it on a portable HDD, ive partitioned with 2 partitions, in MBR format,

I them go on to install on the first partition, with no customization what so ever.

It never gets past "Validating package payload" in the Log. It then says something along the lines of "The installer could not validate the contents on this package, Please restart and try again"

Is it possible the disk is bad? I always press skip when its checking? If so, could I possiblt use my 4gb memory stick to install? how would i go about doing this, as when i extract the ISO with winrar the entire contents of the ISO is below 200kb.

Am I missing something in the customize menu?

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Has nobody ever experienced this before?

I've tried iATKOS V2 and V4 and kalyway 10.5.2, Im currently in the process of trying kalyway LEO 10.5.1.

In both the iATKOS versions I can not get past Validating package payload in the installation. With the Kalyway I can not get past the booting procedure. It freezes.

On the wiki it says that iATKOS v2 is compatible with my system. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried turning everything off in BIOS, including multi core processing and nothing works.

If anybody has ANY suggestions it would be useful, as I don't seem to be getting many replies.

THANKS.

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it, this is driving me insane.

Yes I did format it with MAC OSX Extended (journaled) , This is correct? Or was I meant to install with just plain Extended?

I just tried kalyway LEO, no luck their, Stop at "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0x23" in the booting [process)

Ill try just formating as Extended and not journaled and see if that makes any difference. I'll make a search for installing to flash drive to.

Thanks

Hey,

I saw a "perposed fix" on the apple discussion forums.

Try partitioning to GUID format, i dunno it it will help but its worth trying.

Warning: Re partitioning will lost all data on your hdd, so if you have windows on it youll lose it

ok, i just managed to install using an old kalyway 10.5.1 disk,

Now i have a different problem, when it boots it wont get past the apple loading screen! Only once has it managed, which was the first time, when it did load the screen just went black and nothing happend!

Any ideas?

It's odd, because I'm having the same trouble as you (about the install hanging at "Validating Package Payload"), and the weird thing is I've installed the exact same distro (Kalyway 10.5.2) on this same machine 5 months ago with no issues whatsoever. The only difference is I had to redownload the image because my previous had a nasty scratch that was causing the Java package to fail because of a disk error. I've tried Leo4All, Kalyway 10.5.2, and the iDeneb 10.5.4 distros and all stop in various places during the GUI install portion of the install. Just weird because I wanted to do a fresh install and had all the faith in the world that installing would be simple, and now 4 days later I'm just at a loss as to why this computer has worked perfectly for every other install and now it just won't work.

Asus K8N-E

Opteron 165

2 GB Ram

XFX 7950GT

Seagate 250GB SATA

I'm honestly so sick of seeing things just freeze up at random places that I think I'm going to just take the plunge and upgrade to an Intel based solution (after reading the wonderful guide on the Gigabyte setup at the top of this forum.)

Just wanted you to know you aren't the only one with the problem, and I'm giving up on finding an answer at this point. I'm sure on try 26 of installing it will probably "just work" - that's my normal solution in this crazy hackintosh world. :(

James (long time lurker... first time poster)

lol nice to know somebody else has the same problem! I also tried every different version, this the only one to even install! Im happy to use 10.5.1 for now, i only want it for the iphone sdk!

I still cant get it to boot, just to sumerize, i can get it to boot fine using -x mode mode! I still cant get it to boot in normal mode, it boots then the screen goes blue for around a second, then just stays black! I read this is a kext problem, but if it is how do i go about correcting it?

Thanks

Edit: just started in -v mode, it crashed at, fRegisters at 0xe6aa000

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi i got the exact same mistake... "VALIDATING PACKAGE PAYLOAD" and then nothing else helps... any news did you somehow solve?

i tried usb hdd with GUID and HFS+ journaled -> didnt work; on my internal disk i already had a leo partition and wanted to install it onto it... also same mistake...

• 3 weeks later...

Same here friends & really not found any help yet.

I got an Asus P5b + Intel Dual Core 4300 + nVidia GTS 8800 320 + DVD-RW LG sclave on IDE + Samsung HD on SATA.

I reconfigured all BIOS, Mode SATA as IDE,AHCI, Max CPUID Disable, all.

I choosen all tipes of Bios, EFI, x86 & really i could not pass through the same line in Log "Validating Package Payload".

What´s the matter? What´s the configuration I really need & what must I done bad?

Sorry about my bad english & ty for help reply...