Atheros AR5BXB72

vicoc

7 posts in this topic

hi, i recently got an Apple MacBook PRO Wireless Card 802.11n AR5BXB72 card from ebay. in windows it shows as Atheros 5008. it seems to work fine. but OSX 10.5.4 wont even detect it. any idea how to get this to work? let me know please. thanks

Guest BuildSmart
hi, i recently got an Apple MacBook PRO Wireless Card 802.11n AR5BXB72 card from ebay. in windows it shows as Atheros 5008. it seems to work fine. but OSX 10.5.4 wont even detect it. any idea how to get this to work? let me know please. thanks
If this is an apple card and it isn't working then there is something wrong with your installation that is preventing this wireless adapter from working in OS X if it works in Windows.

I can make this adapter work in desktop and laptop computer with no modification to any drivers, unfortunately installers like kalyway, iatkos and others swap out drivers from 10.4 and modify the plist files as a method of making something work for someone else which cause all kinds of compatibility problems and is just coincidental that the solution works.

First you will have to find out what driver is not working and why it is not working before you can fix it.

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

I just got an Atheros AR5BXB72 on eBay on order to have my Hackintosh fully functional.

My configuration is :

Dell E6400 14"

Core 2 Duo P9700 2,80Ghz 6Mo

4Go DDR2

nVidia Quadro 160M 256 Mo 1440x900

Intel 5100 a/b/g/n

I've got on port miniPCI and another one micro miniPCI (half of the normal size of a miniPCIe)

I removed my 5100 from the micro miniPCIe in order to put my new Airport card on the miniPCI port.

I put the black connector on the 1 and the white one on the 0.

On Seven it's working but nothing happens on Mac OS X 10.6.2 Vanilla Install.

Can you guys help me to make it works ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Claymm.

• 10 months later...
Hi everybody,

I just got an Atheros AR5BXB72 on eBay on order to have my Hackintosh fully functional.

My configuration is :

Dell E6400 14"

Core 2 Duo P9700 2,80Ghz 6Mo

4Go DDR2

nVidia Quadro 160M 256 Mo 1440x900

Intel 5100 a/b/g/n

I've got on port miniPCI and another one micro miniPCI (half of the normal size of a miniPCIe)

I removed my 5100 from the micro miniPCIe in order to put my new Airport card on the miniPCI port.

I put the black connector on the 1 and the white one on the 0.

On Seven it's working but nothing happens on Mac OS X 10.6.2 Vanilla Install.

Can you guys help me to make it works ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Claymm.

If you still looking for a solution:

Try to boot in 32bit mode. For that use at boot Chameleon screen use the following:

-v arch=i386

Let know results.

i had weird error with most cards with 1c . now i rebranded my fujitsu and it works. sorta. but i think if u guys inject IBM id 1014 in dsdt and in atheros info.plist u might get lucky.

Not sure why you want to re-brand a card that's an original Apple part like in this case is the Atheros AR5BXB72 that used to come with the MacBookPro.

for some reason loading shows Error: offset_0x100 = 0xffffffff but if i rebrand to non apple (ibm 1014) it reads pci bus like a normal pc and it loads.

tried many cards. if its not ar928x it does error reading something in different spot of rom or pci bus.