Trying to install but erasing partition failed

sfboarders

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to dual boot with vista64. I am following this guide here an have come across issues. Here are the steps I have gone through.

- Using Acronis Disk Director in Vista I resized my vista partition and created a 20GB partition with no file format.

- I reboot with Kalaway 10.5.2 disk and go to the disk management and chose osx extended journal and tried to erase but it gave me an error that i needed to mount the disk.

- I try to mount the disk but it also failed and told me to repair or verify disk.

- I tried to repair and verify the disk but that also failed.

So I'm at a dead end and don't know what to do.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I had to install JMicron patch to iso because I am using IDE DVD drive and SATA HDD's

How come those directions said to use a raw partition and do not format it? Well, in any case I created a NTFS primary partition(does not have a drive letter, and does not show in "My Computer"). I reboot with the DVD and it just hangs on the install screen where it shows a lot of text. It just stays where it shows my drives. I waited 10 minutes and it didn't even go into the GUI screen. Before I formatted the partition I got to the GUI.

Give a drive letter to the partition and if problem persists just post exactly where it hangs up use -v option for booting.

Ok I gave it a drive letter but it's not showing in My Computer. It also says OxAF(ShagOS swap) so this appears different than my other partitions.

post-293364-1222356060_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: I deleted that partition and created a new NTFS partition and now I see it in My Computer. The sata dvd drive I ordered came and I installed it and used the non patch kalaway dvd disk. I am now able to go to the install process. I erased my partiion and made it a OS ext journal file system. I did not see anywhere to set it to MBR though instead of GUID. Am I missing something here? It is currently installing and I have 4 minutes remaining? Did I screw up by not choosing MBR somewhere?

I took the dvd before it rebooted and I got a HFS+ partition error. The directions from the link above say how to fix it. But when I reboot and try to hit F8 it goes straight to Mac. So I am able to get into Mac with the DVD but I receive an error without the dvd. Anyway I can keep it from booting into the OS so I can correct the MBR? What I'd really like to so is install a boot loader menu so I can choose what OS I want to go too.