Back on insanelymac with a new computer, advice?

CompCrasher86

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I havnt been on InsanelyMac in ages and I figured now I would come back and give hackintosh another shot.

I just bought a new Dell Studio 1535 a couple weeks ago after my desktop died and it just seems so perfect for a hackintosh, heres the specs:

CPU: Intel core 2 Duo T8100 64-bit, 2.1ghz

Bios: Dell A04

RAM: 4gb

HDD: 320gb 5400 RPM

Optical: Slot Loading DVD+-RW

WiFi: Dell 1397 Wireless b/g

Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100

Camera: Built in 2.0MP webcam

Bluetooth: Dell 370 Bluetooth Mini-Card

Screen: 15.4" Glossy Widescreen 1280x800

As far as my previous knowledge of hackintoshes extends, this should be quite a compatible system. If somebody could confirm that it would be awesome. Also, Ive been out for a while so if somebody could suggest a distribution for me that would be great. I have the "usual" resources so I can get the files needed to install.

Because I have 320gb of space I am going to shrink the main vista partition and give Mac 80gb, which seems adequate considering the majority of my media will be stored within vista. I plan on using OSX for garageband, internet surfing, and hopefully iChat, depending on how compatible my webcam is...

Any warnings/suggestions would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get it up and booted, but it wouldn't load any of the kexts, even the ones I did through kexthelper and my IDT sound is not compatible. I screwed up my vista boot and almost lost it all. I am done for a while