Leopard on Sony VAIO FW170J

macpc_mar

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a long time Mac user (having iMac Core Duo with OS X 10.4.x). I just bought a Sony VAIO FW170 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834117753). I wanted to try installing Leopard to see if it works on my notebook. Which version of Leopard for Intel works on this specific notebook. The specs for this notebook is shown in the URL listed above. I had posted earlier and I think my post was removed. I don't know the reason behind it.

Please assist me.

Thanks.

mac_mar

Quick update:

I tried iAtkos 2.0i on this notebook and I was able to use Disk Utilities to partition my hard drive. However, when the install started, the progress bar started and did copy something for the 1st minute and then the hard disk activity stopped and nothing happened after that. Can somebody tell me why with any suggestions? Will Kal*** DVD work?

Hey,

Did the install actually fail or did it just take a while. Some installs can take upwards of 2 hours. And check the installer log on the boot disc to see whats going on during the install.

PS: The best way to find out if something works is to figure it out yourself.

Good luck

Hey,

Well installing an OS is more than copying fies, there has to be new files created, programs installed, and system comfiguration.

If it doesn't tell you the install has failed, let it keep going. Nothing bad will happen from it.