Can't Mount Any Disks... Status Code 0x00000047?

st8ic88

8 posts in this topic

I downloaded JaS's 10.5.4 today. It detects all of my drives and boots into installation just fine but in doing so it says that it is unable to mount both hard drives in my machine, with "status code 0x00000047". When I go into the disk manager in the OSX installer, it insists that it can't mount either hard drive.

I've tried setting the sata controller from "enhanced" to "compatibility" in the the bios, with no different results. I've tried re-partitioning the installation drive and formatting it with FAT32, with no different results.

My board is a P5L with the i945G chipset. The DVD drive and installation drive are connected via SATA, and there is a second hard drive with vista on it connected via PATA.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do you recognize "0x00000047"? Thanks!

Get gparted live cd.

Boot into it and format your drive as HFS mac journalled then try again. Or easier still get into disk utility and then format it mac journalled.

Mac cant read FAT32 so it wont be able to mount it

Hope this helps.

Can anyone verify this? I'm pretty sure that OSX understands FAT, since it's an option when you are formatting a drive. Plus, wouldn't the system be able to mount the drives regardless of what partitions/file systems were on them?

it can read fat but you said you formatted fat32 which it cant read.

Sure someone else might know more than me and if im wrong then lol i am, But i had this same problem.

also look into your bios can you change the sata settings to AHCI? you mention above you have changed it without success. See if you can change it to that and if that helps

Can anyone verify this? I'm pretty sure that OSX understands FAT, since it's an option when you are formatting a drive. Plus, wouldn't the system be able to mount the drives regardless of what partitions/file systems were on them?

That error sound like a AHCI/Controller problem... but I guess you do not have the AHCI option in your bios?

That error sound like a AHCI/Controller problem... but I guess you do not have the AHCI option in your bios?

Thanks! That option got my drive writable. The installation proceeded just fine, but now when I try to boot off of the OSX hard drive it just says

boot1: error

And hangs. Is there any way to mend it? Thanks again.

• 2 months later...