Sony Vaio VGN-CR35G

subbarao

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having trouble with my system. My configuration is:

Sony Vaio VGN-CR35G - Intel Core2Duo T8100 (2.1 Ghz) processor, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon Mobility X2300, Intel PM 965 Chipset, TI SD Card reader, DVD RW, Realtek 8101 LAN, Intel HD Sound, Intel WIFI 4965 a/g/n, Bluetooth, Conexant Modem.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and through Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Upgrade upgraded to 10.5.3 (Vanilla) and then through software, upgraded to 10.5.4.

From the beginning, Sound was not working. So I used Azalia which gave me speaker output but no microphone.

I have no Wifi.

Realtek Network card is very slow.

Graphics are only 1024x768, though I can get 1200x800 by typing "Graphics Mode"="1600x1200x32" at boot options after pressing f8. (I dont know how to automate this task). Radeon Mobility X2300 is not working as such. System detects it as X1900.

Bluetooth works.

Time Machine does not show, though I can get into Time Machine configuration screen and backup. No restore from time machine option in Disk utilities. I cant restore from time machine back ups either as time machine does not show. Only the icon bar disappears and the computer (Disk explorer) window shows up twice. If I commit a mistake, I have to reinstal the whole OS.

Camera, SD Card, PC card, Modem, dont work at all.

Please help me in solving the above problems. I am a novice in OS X.

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Hello Rao,

I have the same model of Vaio as you do.

I am able to get QE/CI Activated but am currently unable to get the 1280x800x32 resolution.

I exchanged the standard INTEL 4965AGN WiFi with a Dell1510 card and now have Native wifi. The CardReader and the PC Card slots dont work.

Are you at any different position than this.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am having trouble with my system. My configuration is:

Sony Vaio VGN-CR35G - Intel Core2Duo T8100 (2.1 Ghz) processor, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon Mobility X2300, Intel PM 965 Chipset, TI SD Card reader, DVD RW, Realtek 8101 LAN, Intel HD Sound, Intel WIFI 4965 a/g/n, Bluetooth, Conexant Modem.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and through Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Upgrade upgraded to 10.5.3 (Vanilla) and then through software, upgraded to 10.5.4.

From the beginning, Sound was not working. So I used Azalia which gave me speaker output but no microphone.

I have no Wifi.

Realtek Network card is very slow.

Graphics are only 1024x768, though I can get 1200x800 by typing "Graphics Mode"="1600x1200x32" at boot options after pressing f8. (I dont know how to automate this task). Radeon Mobility X2300 is not working as such. System detects it as X1900.

Bluetooth works.

Time Machine does not show, though I can get into Time Machine configuration screen and backup. No restore from time machine option in Disk utilities. I cant restore from time machine back ups either as time machine does not show. Only the icon bar disappears and the computer (Disk explorer) window shows up twice. If I commit a mistake, I have to reinstal the whole OS.

Camera, SD Card, PC card, Modem, dont work at all.

Please help me in solving the above problems. I am a novice in OS X.

Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...
Hello Rao,

I have the same model of Vaio as you do.

I am able to get QE/CI Activated but am currently unable to get the 1280x800x32 resolution.

I exchanged the standard INTEL 4965AGN WiFi with a Dell1510 card and now have Native wifi. The CardReader and the PC Card slots dont work.

Are you at any different position than this.

Thanks.

HEY MAN.... I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PLEASE HOW DID YOU GET QE/CI WORKING

IF U HAVENT GOT RESOLYTION YET, GO TO "/Library/Preferences/

take ownership of SystemConfiguration, open it, open com.apple.boot.plist

AND TYPE THIS:

<KEY>Graphics Mode</KEY>

<STRING>1280X800X32</STRING>