Quad Displays in OSX 10.5.4 (ie: Dual 8800GT's)

r0tt3n

6 posts in this topic

I have a fantastic kalyway 10.5.4 install on my Asus P5K-E motherboard with NVinstaller v.52 giving QE/CI support to my 8800GT. However, When I connect my second 8800GT so I can get my quad-display setup going, I get a kernel panic.

I got this working in Windows, so I know the hardware isn't faulty. I tried booting with the -s switch so I could take out all the nvinstaller kexts and re-insert them one at a time, and after inserting nvinjext.kext only, I did manage to get into the desktop, but only one monitor worked, and I couldn't change the resolution from 1024x768. While there I had a look at System Profiler and noted that both video cards had been detected, but QE/CI were not supported, so obviously the other kexts I removed were the ones responsible for that. I got a kernel panic from the very next kext I put back in the Extensions folder (NVDAResman.kext), and that's where I stopped, and came here. Anyone else had any success getting dual video cards/quad monitors working with nvinstaller for their hackintosh?

Anything keeping me from 10.5.5? Yeah - graphics card support issues - read lots of people saying they had kernel panics related to lack of 10.5.5 nvinject support - waiting for the dust to settle before I leap in.

Regarding EFI Strings - you think that would help get quad displays working? I must be retarded, but I spent literally hours searching for answers about what EFI strings actually is, and how it helps, and I couldn't find anything concrete, so still not sure exactly how they relate to upgrading to 10.5.5 or getting quad displays working. Really want to know more though.