vanilla + nVidiaEFI but still...

mexicano1245

3 posts in this topic

I just reinstalled iatkos v4i to test my new "Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @" proccesor, check both stock ACPI and 9.4 kernel... then after installing, with the help of osX86Tools I added the hex to make my video card an EFI compatible (nVidia GeForce 7300 GS OpenGL Engine [EFI]).

But still... Geekbench detects it as a Hack... Osx86 tools display im running "Vanilla 9.4.0 Kernel" and when I try to update from apple to 10.5.5 it gaves me a kernel panic

I installed the iMac SMBIOS at the iatkos v4i setup... and my disk is partioned in MBR system with 3 primary partitions (Windows XP firts, Mac Leopard second, NTFS data third), also remove the thermal kexts...

Can anyone point me out what I'm missing/doing wrong? In order to have direct updates from apple and for Geekbench to detect it not as a "hackintosh"?

Also bootrom states:

Boot ROM Version: IM71.88Z.007A.B01.0707251237 (Award Software International, Inc.)

Thanks in advance!

If you want to be able to update your computer with apple update then you need to use another type of install ......( retail disc with chameleon )

Anyway ...even with a retail osx geekbench detect the hack as a hack ..it s not a pb ....you can replace the applesmbios.kext to make it detect as a real mac.

You had a kernel panic during install cause you need to remove applecpupowermanagement.kext as soon as the installer copy it ( check forum for more info there s toon of threads )

Hope this helps

Bye