Nvidia 9600GS

dandaman1976

6 posts in this topic

Ok from what i am reading i am confused to the following:

Thanks to Bitrip here, who helped mod my bios for ACPI kernal panics, I was able to install leo, however I have a sound issue that i think i can solve but where i am stumped is:

i own an Asus Laptop m70vm that has a video card of nvidia 9600gs 512 - is there a kext for this via nvkush, nvinject?

I am reading that its the same as a 8600gs but dont know how to get it to work, i would love to use it to full capacity on my 17 in HD laptop screen.

Thanks all for your help this truly is a great forum with allot of intelligent people, thanks also for having patience with me...

- Dan :(

you need too use nvinject, nvkush, or do an efi string. I am not certain but I don't believe nvkush or nvinject will give more flexibility on a notebook due to all of the nvcap issues. do a search for nvinstaller, this includes drivers, and the injector.

nvinject and nvkush crash the system on reboot and i tried using efi studio and my card is not listed in fact i can not find anyone on this forum with a geforce 9xxx series success...

So i am stuck...

More researching as please some one confirm, basiclly the g94 core of the nvidia 9600 series will not work BECAUSE leopard has no g94 kexts right?

• 1 year later...
nvinject and nvkush crash the system on reboot and i tried using efi studio and my card is not listed in fact i can not find anyone on this forum with a geforce 9xxx series success...

So i am stuck...

More researching as please some one confirm, basiclly the g94 core of the nvidia 9600 series will not work BECAUSE leopard has no g94 kexts right?

Found this on CNet http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10127443-37.html - seems that the mac book pro now has the 9600GS. I have the same card in my laptop, it the one thing that doesnt work in 10.6.2. I tried nvinject but didnt seem to help. Perhaps simply adding the device id will work?

Does anyone know if the Macbook pro has the 9600GS? I have only seen the GT. If it does, it should work OOB or just about OOB.?