M-Audio Fast Track Pro audio interface

JBLanteigne

3 posts in this topic

Hi JB,

Wow, you read my mind :( I've only recently got my machine (a HP Pavilion 9748tx laptop) running successfully as a 'Hackintosh' - so I'm completely new to the 'scene'.

I used Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD with the Vanilla kernel, and the only 'issues' I've got now are Wifi/LAN not working (hunting around for a suitable usb wifi stick), and onboard audio not working.

I've had the Fastrack interface for about 3 years (well I don't actually 'have' it at the moment, coz I've lent it indefinitely to my brother-in-law - but it's an easy trip to his house), and after reading the various threads about using "cheap plugin usb sound-cards' as a workaround, I thought "why not use some pro-level USB audio interfaces with native OS-X drivers" ? :D

I've downloaded and installed the M-Audio driver for the Fastrack in Leopard without any glitches, and next time I go to see my brother-in-law I'll take the lappie along and let y'all know if the Fastrack works successfully with the driver.

In addition, I've done a similar thing with my Novation X-Station USB Interface/Synth/Controller/Effects Unit (big brother to the Novation Xiosynth) - downloaded the native OS-X drivers from the Novation site, and installed without drama in Leopard. Will test this tonight, and post the result of that here (I suspect it will work without issue).

Cheers

Mustafa

I am waiting for the results!

also, I'm not quite sure between Fast track Pro and Firewire Solo, they are about the same price and firewire solo is.. indeed, firewire.. and that's awesome.. it has less features but I might be able to live without it.. I'll see if I there's anything crutial on the fast track pro, if not I'll get the firewire solo instead.