Successful Installation but freezes on reboot (10.5.4)

jeys0n

5 posts in this topic

MY SPECS:

NEO Empriva LAPTOP 572SBVx

1G RAM

Intel Dual Core T2130 1.8Ghz

Phoenix/SIS M702S

Hitachi SATA 80G - External USB drive for Mac OS x

Realtek ALC883 - Sound

Realtek RTL8187 - Wireless

Sis671, SIS Mirage 3 Graphics - Display

STEPS I USED:

Installed with iATKOS v4i

Booted with -v

reformatted HDD to MAC OS extended (journaled)

Customized installation with:

a. Darwin bootloader non-EFI

b. Kernel 9.2.0

c. SATA support

3 days ago Ive successfully installed iATKOS v4i. I was generally happy with it even if my headphone output wasn't working and my display was stuck to 1028x768. Everything was a-ok. Unfortunately, I made an error while updating to MAC OS Delta 10.5.5. And now my installation will not even boot to Darwin. So, I reformatted my Hard Disk again and clean installed iATKOS v4i using the same settings I used.

Installation took a while but it was a success. I rebooted, Darwin loaded it's countdown, 5,4,3,2,1...

THEN I GET THIS:

"Darwin/x86 boot v5....

1029MB memory

VESA v.3.0 128MB (SIS)

Use [up,down] keys to select the startup volume

hd(0,1) Leopard

Press Enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:

type -v and press enter to start up with diagnostic message

type ? and press enter to learn about advanced startup options

boot: _ "

Nothing happens with whatever I type on the prompt. -v, -s, -x, nothing works. I repeated the installation again and again but I still get the same result. I also tried installing with different customization options and with default but with no luck as well. I don't know what went wrong and now I'm stuck with what next steps to make to solve the problem. SO far I've no luck yet finding anyone with a similar case. If anyone has had the same problem I hope you can help me and other OSX86 users with the same.

Problem FIXED

Here's what I did:

Booted iATKOS v4i DVD in safe mode: Typed in '-x' on Darwin

Formatted HDD (extended journaled) - I always do this just to be sure of MBR

Installed with customization options:

Darwin Bootloader Non-EFI

Kernel 9.2.0

SATA

Thats it.

My system is running great as of the moment. I have to admit the hardware incompatibilities are back. My laptops internal speaker is ok but when i plug-in my headphones I get no audio. I have tried the ALC883 audio driver but it's still the same. And again my display is stuck with 1024x768. I tried a tutorial running boot scripts in darwin but I get a 1280x768 display, it's not working perfectly. I hope to find a solution soon.

• 1 month later...
Problem FIXED

Here's what I did:

Booted iATKOS v4i DVD in safe mode: Typed in '-x' on Darwin

Formatted HDD (extended journaled) - I always do this just to be sure of MBR

Installed with customization options:

Darwin Bootloader Non-EFI

Kernel 9.2.0

SATA

Thats it.

My system is running great as of the moment. I have to admit the hardware incompatibilities are back. My laptops internal speaker is ok but when i plug-in my headphones I get no audio. I have tried the ALC883 audio driver but it's still the same. And again my display is stuck with 1024x768. I tried a tutorial running boot scripts in darwin but I get a 1280x768 display, it's not working perfectly. I hope to find a solution soon.

iDeneb is also very good for SiS'es based chipset laptopts/desktops

Asus F5SL for example. see instruction here: URL