Fix hibernation on Inspiron 1525

mbebop

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So I've gotten my Inspiron 1525 to 10.5.4, and as expected, it has lost its ability to wake up from sleep (hibernation, not sleep display). This was known to happen, and there's a fix for it, but for some reason I can't get it to work. I've already tried pasting this string (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 hibernatefile /dev/null) into terminal, as instructed in Richard's guide here, but for some reason that didn't work for me.

Now, the fact that I suck at using the terminal, and the fact that I have no idea what the above string is supposed to modify might have something to do with why it hasn't worked for me; regardless, if anyone knows/understands how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate some help. Trying to use a mobile PC without a hibernate function is a huge pain in the ass :P

Thanks in advance!

I had a go at installing mac os x on one of these laptops beginning of the summer for a friend, i don't think i had any trouble with the sleep feature just the graphics being a pain. Firstly i'd check your bios is in s3 suspend mode. Secondly make sure your screen is waking properly this is the graphics sides of things since your computer maybe waking but the graphics isn't displaying afterwards?

Other things you may want to check what kernel do you use?

Finally here are a few other things to help you ehci sleep enabler made by SUPERHAI and also the clamshell so you can close the lid nd turn the backlight out if you wantit ;)

kexts.zip

Try updating your usb may help: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry828818

Hope this helps!

Using Vanilla 9.2.2 kernel. Don't think it's a graphics issue, as I'm using sleep trick on startup and that's been working well, computer has no problem waking up the display from sleep. This is more of a thing where it can't wake up out of full hibernation, screen just stays black when you go to apple>>sleep.

Tried both kext and no luck, although I will hang onto the clamshell thing for when I get this working as I think that would be useful.

How do I check the bios for s3 suspended mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Which kernel did you use? I have the 1525 and I just used Kalyway 10.5.2 installer with Vanilla Kernel, used the Kalyway 10.5.3 updater and directly updated from Apple to 10.5.4 My computer goes to sleep fine. I also used the patches from espressoreport. I just push the power button to wake it up. The thing I can't get to work is the darn battery meter.

Henry