I'll take any help I can get.

OrangeJuice

3 posts in this topic

So like a moron I tried to install an AppleACPIPlatform that would allow sleep to work on a HP dv6775us. Now I keep getting the Cannot find platform ACPI ... blah blah blah panic.

So I logged on with a boot cd and replaced the files with their previous backup versions and sure enough it hasn't made a difference. So I kill Extensions.mkext and still no difference. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 right now and I've been trying different kernels and boot options to no avail. So if anybody has an idea I will be happy to hear it.

The problem with HP is that they don't really give you any bios options. However I did solve my problem by not being an idiot and confirming that the files were replaced, I also made sure to unmount my drive before rebooting as to make sure no problems arise.

From there my smbios was messed up, so I simply reinstalled it and I had to clear my extensions.mkext.

That stated I'm tired of messing things up and worrying about a reinstalled so it is time to go get a TimeMachine HD just in case.