Dual booting Trouble

guh

4 posts in this topic

I having trouble setting dual booting up. I have two hard drives. Vista that is MBR and Leopard that is Guid with chameleon installed. I tried using EasyBCD but for some reason it doesn't work i get an error. I guess it doesn't know where the leopard install is. Anyone have any ideas?

Your setup doesn't match. You installed Leo in GPT, you must install Vista with GPT (by using Disk Utility). MBR doesn't work with GUID vis versa! Anyway, did you have error code or message to give for figured put what happen...

I think i got "boot1:error" something like that. Someone mentioned that i could maybe copy the files i have from my boot 132 cd to my mac install and use that to boot into my windows install but i dont know how to do that or what files are needed.

Your setup doesn't match. You installed Leo in GPT, you must install Vista with GPT (by using Disk Utility). MBR doesn't work with GUID vis versa! Anyway, did you have error code or message to give for figured put what happen...

Well, I'm no expert, having only just installed my first Hackintosh, however, I have 2 HDs, one with Win XP 32-bit, and the other has 2 partitions, created by the Kalyway disk with GUID. The first partition is Leopard 10.5.4, and the second is Vista 64. I boot to the first HD with XP as my primary OS, and have all 3 OSes accessed via the Vista multiboot menu, done with EasyBCD. My only problem was in getting MacOS to be read, since I kept trying to get it to be sourced from drive <E>, the second HD, instead of drive <C>.