10.5.5 update...boot just in safemode

xhidex

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have updated my 10.5.4 with the tutorial linked in homepage of insanelymac....

When I boot my hackintosh, and the finder should come up, I got a black screen with never ending turning spindle (after a light blue backround disappear) ...

It's seems Finder cannot load in normal mode... I have tried to follow the info here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=126309 for the davkit but nothing change...

I have restored my kexts and kernel .... may it's some kext hanging?

I have tried to install natit, new nvinstall also...but nothing change...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Hi !

always precise your software config and hardware config etc etc....

I had the black screen too, and my hack was only able to start under safe mode. It was my graphics kext (I had already replaced AppleHDA / SMBIOS). Because Apple has chaged something concerning the graphics, the old kext from native install (for me Kaly 10.5.2) do not work this time. I found it HERE..

It's just a suggestion concerning graphics kext.. I'm not sure about that.

and there are active post concerning 10.5.5 problems here and here..

I'm aware of the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I've removed it, since it causes a kernel panic when used.

Here is my setup:

iAtkos v4 updated to 10.5.5 using Apple delta installer

vanilla 9.4 kernel (before upgrade)

ECS G31T-M motherboard

Intel E8400 CPU

ATI HD 2600 XT PCIe

I've moved aside all ATIRadeon*.kext to another folder. When I reboot in normal mode, just like the OP, I get a blue screen with a spinning disk. When I boot into safe mode, I get a blue screen, then a console with some output, then the blue screen again in an unending loop. Its as if the window manager has trouble starting for some reason.