Boot problem after installation? Can you help?

PatGelose

7 posts in this topic

I got a copy of Jas 10.4.8 for my acer aspire 4720Z and booted it up, erased my hard drive with Disk Utility, then I partitioned the hard drive half and half, Mac OSX installed perfectly and the operating system ran well for me, so then I booted my Acer recovery (windows install) disk and the acer eRecovery said it finished successfully. NOW HERE IS THE KICKER... When I boot my computer up to the hard drive all I get is a black screen with a blinking underscore (one of these _ ) So what I want to know is why isn't it giving me the operating system option when i boot up? Do I have to set a primary boot partition or something and how would I go about doing that? Thanks for your help. :-)

Look here

This post is for Leopard, but should work with Tiger.

The problem is your partition is not set/flagged as active.

Kenny

I did the commands that you mentioned in the other post (and I did "flag 2" also because I have a windows partition so I wanted to make both partitions active.) And still when i boot to my hard drive, I'm getting a black screen with a blinking underscore. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks.

The patch may work....looks good

BTW, when you named your osx partition....you did not put a space in it did you?

The name OSX will work where OX S will not.

Also, you cannot have more than one active partition on a drive at the same time.