Leopard on Compaq CQ50

Koffein

13 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I've only been able to run ToH 10.5 on a CQ50 only after installing on a drive from another machine. Sound and the built in wireless do not work. otherwise everything else seems fine. Kalyway's 10.4.10 does did work at all for me.

I'm pretty sure the Network card is supported by Jasc. I'd suggest installing OS X 10.4.11 Jasc AMD/Intel.

I just tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd on the cq50, sound works, wifi not, I'm sure the nic is fine, but I think the video may need a tweek to get above 1024x768.

I just tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd on the cq50, sound works, wifi not, I'm sure the nic is fine, but I think the video may need a tweek to get above 1024x768.

so you had to install a different optical drive to install? or a different hard drive. i tried using leo4all and the installation dvd did not even boot on my cq50-105nr

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any luck? I've been trying quite a few different versions of 10.4.8 and above (up to 10.5.2) with no luck. I get the same problem as some of you, the restart before you even get to the installer. I have a cq50-105nr. Through VMWare I can get to the installer with a 10.4.9 disc, but then I can't format the HD to the hsf+ partition type. Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...
I have the CQ50-215ca and can't seem to get anything to work! everytime I pop in an osx86 dvd, the computer just restarts, the kernel doesn't like the nforce chipset! I have osx86 on my desktop pc... how can I get this to work????

If someone know anything please help same thing is happening to me i tried to Kalaway 10.5.2 and IPC 10.5.6 and same thing happens although with the IPC it does not reboot but nothing happends its as if the Kernal was not getting booted it loads a few plists and that it........ PLZ Help i need OSX

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Got one here running good off the kayaway 10.5.2 install DVD all works cept for of course Wifi even tho the atheros wifi driver was installed which is what it has.... Any ideas or solutions for me to try??

Also it seems USB isnt working correctly? Anyone ever experince any issues of it not reading USB Jump drives?

Thanks in advance!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...