Q9450 3.2ghz EVGA 780i Mobo 9800GTS SLI...will this work?

ajgarcia

11 posts in this topic

Seriously i am so tired of reading thread after thread and doing searches of what installations I should use. Everything is just so different to me and I just dont understand...

So far Ive tried Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 as well as IATKOS 10.5.1 v4 and no dice. They both boot up fine, but I would ALWAYS be prompted to restart my computer. I really dont know what I am doing wrong and I really would like to get Leopard on this comp. Seriously thinkging of buying one, but I dont want to blow $3000+ and not know how to use it.

These are my comp specs:

Evga 780i SLI Mobo

Q9450 Core 2 Quad @ 3.2Ghz

4gb Kingston HyperX 1gb x 4

3 SATA HDD's Master being a raptor 160gb

Lite On DVDRW SATA drive

I really just need to push in the right direction. Ive wasted my whole weekend researching and failing miserably. My next attempt is to download Leo4all v4 and give that a try.

Ive read dual gfx cards will not work at all and will cause problems...Do I need to remove the second gfx card or unplugging it will do? Please let me know!!

ANY ADVICE WILL MAKE MY DAY!! PLEASE HELP!!!

:D

IATKOS v4 wont allow me to install at all...I get a circle with a slash down the middle.

Kalyway 10.5.1 will boot, but I keep getting asked to restart my machine.

Kalyway 10.5.2 wont boot and I get "waiting on root device" or something close to that.

I will try Leo4all v3 next.

IATKOS v4 wont allow me to install at all...I get a circle with a slash down the middle.

Kalyway 10.5.1 will boot, but I keep getting asked to restart my machine.

Kalyway 10.5.2 wont boot and I get "waiting on root device" or something close to that.

I will try Leo4all v3 next.

Check your SATA Settings and fiddle with it. If your using AHCI, then try the IDE. also, check the HCL for your mobo and all and u'll see. just google "10.5.2 HCL"

Seriously i am so tired of reading thread after thread and doing searches of what installations I should use. Everything is just so different to me and I just dont understand...

So far Ive tried Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 as well as IATKOS 10.5.1 v4 and no dice. They both boot up fine, but I would ALWAYS be prompted to restart my computer. I really dont know what I am doing wrong and I really would like to get Leopard on this comp. Seriously thinkging of buying one, but I dont want to blow $3000+ and not know how to use it.

These are my comp specs:

Evga 780i SLI Mobo

Q9450 Core 2 Quad @ 3.2Ghz

4gb Kingston HyperX 1gb x 4

3 SATA HDD's Master being a raptor 160gb

Lite On DVDRW SATA drive

I really just need to push in the right direction. Ive wasted my whole weekend researching and failing miserably. My next attempt is to download Leo4all v4 and give that a try.

Ive read dual gfx cards will not work at all and will cause problems...Do I need to remove the second gfx card or unplugging it will do? Please let me know!!

ANY ADVICE WILL MAKE MY DAY!! PLEASE HELP!!!

;)

Try installing with just 2gb of ram, and check this tread, i just got my evga 780i working thx to verdant, theres SS of what i did wrong in my bios and so on, hope it helps u

Will having Dual GFX cards be a problem with the installation? Do i have to actually remove the card or will disconnecting the power suffice?

Can someone just be honest with me....someone take a look at the specs of my comp...will this work or not? Will it EVER work?

Will having Dual GFX cards be a problem with the installation? Do i have to actually remove the card or will disconnecting the power suffice?

Can someone just be honest with me....someone take a look at the specs of my comp...will this work or not? Will it EVER work?

Please repost in my Series 7 NForce thread so I can help you and others there....... :(