perfect ASUS Z96Js with 10.5.5

rickdekart

99 posts in this topic

@ky1e

I'm having the same trouble with the burning - I think when you resave it, it takes away its boot attributes. working at it right now, will let you know when I come up with a solution

Try to mount the image before you burn to make sure it has just the 2 files BootHelp.txt and cdboot.pcefi.debug

(did people just delete then instant-burn without saving?)

thanks for the help!

-reeve

_Psy_, yep, that's the plan

So install IOPlataform and PS2 pack and then boot?

atm i have 10.5.5 and no keyboard / mouse!

Regards,

reeve, ky1e

if you have a working Mac OS X, you can do it also by mounting the image R/W with Toast, delte the file wiht the finder, umount he imge, save it and burn it with toast

@ky1e

I'm having the same trouble with the burning - I think when you resave it, it takes away its boot attributes. working at it right now, will let you know when I come up with a solution

Try to mount the image before you burn to make sure it has just the 2 files BootHelp.txt and cdboot.pcefi.debug

(did people just delete then instant-burn without saving?)

thanks for the help!

-reeve

working on getting a working osx ;)

I've given up with Magic ISO - switching over to ubuntu to do some linux voodoo magic. will let you know how it goes.

With Magic ISO I can get into the Iso, delete the file, but then I cannot save (Not enough space to add file or directory!) (plenty of space on drive, apparently not on the ISO - but i'm deleting a directory, not adding?) - so Save As, but the save as saves the iso as a data disc, not bootable. Oh well, time to try plan b!

-reeve

ps thanks for the reply rick!

-----------------------------------------

epic fail - isomaster and kiso both fail, isomaster cashes on load, and kiso only displays the 2 boot image files. tried k3b too, but dont think that can edit iso filesystems.

trying magic iso again...if anyone got this to work using Magic ISO - please help! I might try a direct burn without saving, only thing I can think of.

thanks everyone

--reeve

-------------------------------------------

Update: Because you all care oh so much! ;)

Turns out the .iso is a Hybrid Iso/HFS+ (I know, surprising, right?) - so MagicISO and UltraISO can't save it in this hybrid format (which leaves my mind boggled as to how people say they did this with magiciso?). Going to take a look at MacImage and see if that will help out at all. Surprisingly little stuff written on this in google - might have to hunt down someone with a *gasp* actual mac?!

-reeve

EDIT: Apparently UltraIso Media Edition can do hybrid saving (Premium Edition is Read-Only)....also MagicIso is supposedly capable of doing it too, but I don't see it anywhere (only can see HFS+ side of it, only saves HFS+ side of it) =( TransMac is another option I'm looking into.

hang on tight, give me a little time to see if I can produce a ppf file

Update: Because you all care oh so much! :(

Turns out the .iso is a Hybrid Iso/HFS+ (I know, surprising, right?) - so MagicISO and UltraISO can't save it in this hybrid format (which leaves my mind boggled as to how people say they did this with magiciso?). Going to take a look at MacImage and see if that will help out at all. Surprisingly little stuff written on this in google - might have to hunt down someone with a *gasp* actual mac?!

-reeve

EDIT: Apparently UltraIso Media Edition can do hybrid saving (Premium Edition is Read-Only)....also MagicIso is supposedly capable of doing it too, but I don't see it anywhere (only can see HFS+ side of it, only saves HFS+ side of it) =( TransMac is another option I'm looking into.

Elucid,

did you add the gfxstring to your com.apple.Boot.plist?

if yes, send me the output of

printKExtVer /System/Library/Extensions

Reeve i never got it to work with MagicISO

So i just used my mac and mounted the image with disk utility and went from there.

I got it to boot installed everything just stuck on the video driver.

Thanks so much!! Downloading the patch now! I installed MacDrive last night in an attempt to do what people were doing in OSX by mounting the iso and then removing. Almost worked -mounted the iso, could read the HFS+ side of the disc....but couldn't remove it. Read Only stuff that when I tried to change crashed the comp(no r/w mounting options from ultraiso virtual clonedrive - need to try magiciso's mounting extension). Really surprised there isn't an easy solution to this!

One thing I didn't think of was to try to use the included script that adds .kext to the iso - to use that to remove the .kext. I'll take a look at that now and see what its written in. (EDIT: Mac lolol)

Thanks again for the upload rick!! you're amazing.

-reeve

EDIT: Downloaded and patched successfully! Patched with PPF-O-Matic 3, Checked with UltraISO - burned and booted successfully. Reformatting partition to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (successful). Install successful. Trying to get GRUB to boot os x. (Resized a partition, wtf is the new partition's number if the resized partition was the first one on the disk?!)

Ky1e,

your best bet is to do

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso -owners on

sudo rm -fR /Volumes/Kalyway\ 10.5.2\ DVD\ Intel_Amd/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/

sudo rm -fR /Volumes/Kalyway\ 10.5.2\ DVD\ Intel_Amd/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

umount the iso image and burn it

ok im on my hackintosh desk to how do i edit the iso i have toast 9 titamium

no,

run all the three commands and the unmount from the Finder window (there should be a little open-up icon close to the iso disk name )

ya i noticed lol, so i am suppose to mount before the commands then skip the first command

to run the first command you have to be in the same directory as the Kalyway iso file

probably on the Desktop?

cd ~/Desktop

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso -owners on

no,

run all the three commands and the unmount from the Finder window (there should be a little open-up icon close to the iso disk name )

reboot the DVD, when the darwin bootloader apears on the screen, hit F6

type

io=0x21 -v -x

and hit enter

... hackintoshes are a lot of trial and error .......

Awsome :D Now i get "MAC Framework successfully initiallized using 9830 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 0:23" And it just sits there and does nothing