Modified Bios?

9 posts in this topic

Hello, im sorry if this is the wrong section, but this is where I found most of the BIOS mods. Im resulting from the same problems in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112033 . It usually always fails on the Buffer IO thing. Sometimes I can manage to get it to install (Only Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All 10.5.2 worked), but it fails on the Buffer IO error on boot.

Later on in the topic, his BIOS was modified to get it to work with the Intel ICH10 and P45 chipsets. There was a method posted in the topic that edited his BIOS to address this issue. But im worried because its for Asus motherboards, and im not sure if it will work for Foxconn BIOS.

Sorry for the run around, but basically im asking if anybody tried the BIOS mod and if it worked on a Foxconn motherboard, or if theres a way to edit Foxconn BIOS.

Hello, im sorry if this is the wrong section, but this is where I found most of the BIOS mods. Im resulting from the same problems in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112033 . It usually always fails on the Buffer IO thing. Sometimes I can manage to get it to install (Only Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All 10.5.2 worked), but it fails on the Buffer IO error on boot.

Later on in the topic, his BIOS was modified to get it to work with the Intel ICH10 and P45 chipsets. There was a method posted in the topic that edited his BIOS to address this issue. But im worried because its for Asus motherboards, and im not sure if it will work for Foxconn BIOS.

Sorry for the run around, but basically im asking if anybody tried the BIOS mod and if it worked on a Foxconn motherboard, or if theres a way to edit Foxconn BIOS.

There is a fix for your problem icon6.gif

There are some guys at the link you have above (BiTRiP and/or Kabyl) that can help you. In the past, if someone would send them the latest BIOS for their board, they would mod it, then post it for all.......but you'll have to ask nice.

These two have done some great work, and their mod for the P5Q is awesome!!!

Kenny

• 4 months later...