NTFS IDE Drive Won't Mount (Kalyway 10.5.2)

Dodswm

3 posts in this topic

After many hours (days in fact :P) of trying to get my Hackinsosh up and running, i finally have Kalyway 10.5.2 working! (it turned out i need the hard drive as primary master, and dvd drive as primary slave).

It currently boots XP and OSx off the same disk, split into 2 partitions. The windows partition is NTFS and that is read fine under OSx. The sata drive is not even recognised (but thats a different matter altogether :P), but the problem i really want to solve is i cannot mount my second IDE drive (this is also NTFS as secondary master - the only drive on that IDE cable).

I can see it in disk utility, but it simply won't mount. I've tried mounting in terminal too, but without any joy.

Has anyone got any suggestions for getting this working? Aside from reformatting the drive, as its got loads of data on that i have no room for anywhere else!

Many thanks :D

PC Specs

-----------

Nforce 4 A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD64 3800

Nvidia 6800 Graphics Card

2xIDE Drives

1xSATA

1xIDE DVD Drive

After many hours (days in fact :( ) of trying to get my Hackinsosh up and running, i finally have Kalyway 10.5.2 working! (it turned out i need the hard drive as primary master, and dvd drive as primary slave).

It currently boots XP and OSx off the same disk, split into 2 partitions. The windows partition is NTFS and that is read fine under OSx. The sata drive is not even recognised (but thats a different matter altogether :) ), but the problem i really want to solve is i cannot mount my second IDE drive (this is also NTFS as secondary master - the only drive on that IDE cable).

I can see it in disk utility, but it simply won't mount. I've tried mounting in terminal too, but without any joy.

Has anyone got any suggestions for getting this working? Aside from reformatting the drive, as its got loads of data on that i have no room for anywhere else!

Many thanks :censored2:

PC Specs

-----------

Nforce 4 A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD64 3800

Nvidia 6800 Graphics Card

2xIDE Drives

1xSATA

1xIDE DVD Drive

Hi,

i think simply the problem there is mac will not mount or install too ntfs make sure the partition or harddrive is fat32 for it too work with the install and then in disk utility format the fat32 partition or hard drive too mac os x journalled

Hope it helped