Anyone else having problems with Safari?

3Hives

5 posts in this topic

ok, first thread here. So it goes without saying, if its in the wrong spot, feel free to move it.

Anyways here's whats up. I've got Jas 10.4.6 running on my Dell Inspiron b130 just fine. Except for the fact that for certain pages in Safari AND Firefox will just shut down and give me an error message (the one that says it'll send an error report to either apple or mozilla.)

Has anyone else experianced this? Does anyone know how to fix this? Besides this problem, things are running REALLY smoothly. (well, I'm still waiting to figure out what to do about the audio.....a USB audio device should work right?)

_Miles

ok, first thread here. So it goes without saying, if its in the wrong spot, feel free to move it.

Anyways here's whats up. I've got Jas 10.4.6 running on my Dell Inspiron b130 just fine. Except for the fact that for certain pages in Safari AND Firefox will just shut down and give me an error message (the one that says it'll send an error report to either apple or mozilla.)

Has anyone else experianced this? Does anyone know how to fix this? Besides this problem, things are running REALLY smoothly. (well, I'm still waiting to figure out what to do about the audio.....a USB audio device should work right?)

_Miles

Try update Java or Flash , depends what pages make this OR install Safari 4 beta for Tiger B)

well, tryed the java, tryed the flash, no fix.......

and i downloaded the safari 4 beta.....looks like i gotta find a 10.4.11 update.......

sweet......maybe they'll have a sigmatell 9200 fix in with the upgrade (ultra wishful thinking right there.......)

_Miles

Just get a newer Release with better Kernel, 10.4.6 has some buggy Kernel. Or try different Flash Versions.

yup, if You are running old kernel, switch to at least 8.8.x or newer, I'm happy with 8.9.1, works perfect with 10.4.11