Dell Studio 15 (1535) / Studio 17 (1735) OSx Install

tmaxxtim

33 posts in this topic

Hi,

if you have a look at my signature you'll find interesting links... and i have no problems with dvd or cd

Could you please, give us more details about your bluetooth working with dell keyboard and mouse, do you have bluetooth in prefpan ? Are you able to transfer data ?

Thanks in advance,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got wi-fi working with 1397/1510 card on my studio 15; are you sure you used 0.5.1pre and not the default one that comes with Kalyway/iAtkos/whatever?

Also you should probably know that for the 1535 the video card isn't 3650, it's a 3450. Still no luck finding native drivers for it. Also waiting on sound.

Here are the "real" names for the drivers that don't work, maybe you can find something there?

Wi-Fi: Dell 1397/1510 Wireless. Actual name: Broadcom BCM4310/BCM4322

Ethernet: Broadcom Netlink BCM5784M

Bluetooth: Actually, I haven't done any research on this. Apparently it's a Dell Wireless 370. I don't actually know what the real name is.

Audio: IDT 92HD73C1 - doesn't roll off the tongue, does it?

Video: ATI HD 3450/3650 - self explanatory.

Also I believe that the RICOH 5-in-1 card reader doesn't work.

Although if you have a 3650 maybe you should try this topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

Hope that helps! Good luck to driver developers and finders alike. It seems like a lot of these onboard cards are just new or recent and don't have drivers yet...hopefully by next year we'll make some progress (because by then I'll be off at college)!

How did you install the driver? im new to OSx86, so could you give me instructions step by step?

• 2 months later...
Thanks for your reply. I think what I might have done is applied the patch from the dvd as well as the one from the link..maybe that is the problem. When I have some time I'll reinstall. You have the 1397 or 1510?

Thanks again.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but this is the same problem I'm having, sorta. Everything for me works fine EXCEPT any sort of networking either wired or wireless. I have the studio 14z, but as far as I know the adapters are the same. Anyone know how to help me out? I don't care which one at this point works, just as long as ONE of the two work. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hello i read online of all of you guys getting osx to work on a dell studio 1735 i have tryed so many times and i just catn get it. im wondering what options should i select in customize and should i use iatkos 7i or 5 i or ideneb or leo4all.When i used iatkos 7i i have tryed both kernals and even not selecting a kernal still same problem. everytime i install useing atkos 7i install works but when the os is loading up the screen turns all messed up gray/white boxs. i should also add that after i get osx working i plan on triple booting with windows 7 and ubunto.

I have:

CPUIntel Core 2 Duo

· CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz

· Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

· Lan Card: Broadcom BCM5784M

· Wifi card: broadcom 4322

· Finger print: Authentec AES2810

· Audio Driver: IDT 92HD73C1

· Ir Receiver: ITE IT8512

· Card Reader: Ricoh R5C833

to be honist if i could get wifi working i would be happy lol i dont care about the rest

• 4 months later...