The Perfect Hardware

4 posts in this topic

Good afternoon!

I'm buying a new pc this weekend, (or probably monday) :(

I'm thinking of a Intel® Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ skt775 6mb Cache bus 1333Mhz, with a XFX Geforce 8800 GT 512MB DDR3 670MHZ Ramdac DVI PCI-E.

Now, what I'm aiming is for a machine that is almost an iMac copy, so that I can install Mac OS X without any gliches! What motherboard should I buy?

Please send me your opinions

The E8400 is a great processor, however for $20 more you can get the E8500. Well worth the $20. The Gigabyte GA-EP-25DS3L is a great board with a ton of support. The down side is that it does not have built in firewire, but that can be remedied with a firewire PCI card. The 8800GT is a great graphics card as there is a ton of support for it on this and other forums. Plus a ton of driver install options.

Do your research and find components that are well supported and suit your requirements.

• 1 month later...

I bought the ASUS P5LD2-X/GBL since I didn't find a good price for the Gigabyte ones. I try to install both Leo4Allv2 and Leo4Allv5 Server and still it hangs on the DVD boot. Got any ideas? You probably know more about my hardware than me!

Hack Mac:

BOARD: ASUS P5LD2-X/GBL

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz

RAM: 4GB DDR2 667

VGA: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 512Ram