acer notebook SD card slot

lilngineer

5 posts in this topic

while it would be nice, unfortunately its not going to happen. the SD card slot on the 3680 is tied into the PCMCIA slot, which makes it nearly impossible to create a driver for, unless Texas Instruments designs one themselves, which they wont. there are kexts to get the PCMCIA slot working on a 3680, but it wont make the SD card slot work. I'm afraid you're probably out of luck with the RICOH one as well. my suggestion is to buy a cheapy SD > USB adapter (i picked one up for $3 on ebay) i can suggest a GFR202SD from IOGEAR.

• 2 months later...
while it would be nice, unfortunately its not going to happen. the SD card slot on the 3680 is tied into the PCMCIA slot, which makes it nearly impossible to create a driver for, unless Texas Instruments designs one themselves, which they wont. there are kexts to get the PCMCIA slot working on a 3680, but it wont make the SD card slot work. I'm afraid you're probably out of luck with the RICOH one as well. my suggestion is to buy a cheapy SD > USB adapter (i picked one up for $3 on ebay) i can suggest a GFR202SD from IOGEAR.

Would there be any hope of using Parallels or VMWare to make it functional?