Looks like install hangs at apple logo.

dsp

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I've got this problem installing OSx86 10.5.1.

I've done all the nesesery preparations before booting from the OSx86 install DVD.

It looks like the installation hangs up at the apple logo.

Everything looks okay untill...

I've seen allot of topics that can relate to this but the only difference is that it it goes one step further then freezing at the buffer header line.

The last thing it says is this

'' Extensions ''com.apple.drivers.ACPI_smc_platformplugin'' has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components : Use only one style.

Does it sound familiar to someone ?

I've also noticed that de videocard info is VESA ( nvidia ) 14 mb .... :S I have a Geforce 8600GTS ( but then again, maybe it uses my onboard ? >_< )

Here is some systemspecs ( mostly outputted data from a tool )

Motherboard: Aspire M3630 ( with a supported Intel chipset )

Basic I/O System(BIOS): Default System BIOS

Central Processing Unit(CPU): Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Physical Memory X 2 Corsair @ 800Mhz

2048MB DDR 2 @ 800Mhz

2048MB DDR 2 @ 800Mhz

Hard Disk X 2

MAXTOR STM3320820AS ATA Device (298GB)

WDC WD2500JS-00NCB1 ATA Device (233GB)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8600 GTS ( 256MB )

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor ( 22'' flatscreen iiyama )

Audio Device X 3

High Definition Audio Device

USB Audio Device

E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) ( E-MU 1616m ) Drivers voor MAC are available.

Network Adapter

Local Area Connection - Infineon AN983B PCI Based Fast Ethernet Adapter (Connected)

Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: USB Human Interface Device

Thanks for your time and help.

I got the same problem, First I did an installation with iAtkos v4, worked fine, but no sound and lan. So I tried the iDeneb and I got this error you said.

After that, can't boot any OSX86 DVD installation.

After tried all sugestions found here, I realize that my bios was old, at Dell site I found a newer one, So I update my bios and I fixed this error.

I don't know why it fixed and if it will work for you.

Good luck.

It's common, but it sounds like something is not supported.

My guess is, that it can't find the root deveice because of the poor bios settings.

Like I couldn't find a ACHI Setting, if this is applicable in my situation.

My problem takes place BEFORE it is installed.

I boot from cd, press enter to load, or with the -v command.

You'll see a apple logo with a spinning circle that reminds me of the WII :)

And this is where it just hangs...

I have a reasanoble mordern PC that should just about do the trick with some knowledge.

I forgot to mention I used iatkos v4i, the documentation says 10.5.2 but where I got this from says 10.5.4 ( So just pretend it is 10.5.2 )

My problem takes place BEFORE it is installed.

I boot from cd, press enter to load, or with the -v command.

Me too. Just to be more clear, I first did an installation using iAtkos, so just after I tried the iDeneb and I started to have the problem you are talking about.

I remove all partitions and still having the same problem, having the boot hanging on the apple screen logo. I also try to boot an Ubuntu live CD, and for my surprise this screen logo flashs for 5 seconds before the ubuntu loads.

So after a fews days, trying everthing I updated my bios, maybe it sounds weird but it fix the problem,

Good luck

No it does not sound weird.

Because most BIOS don't support some features needed for OSx86, or has been removed from the BIOS ( like Acer did )

I have a ACER ASPIRE M3630, I saw a topic about mine and the M5360, but I'm to afraid to try it because it can mess things up real good, if I used the wrong BIOS.

No it does not sound weird.

Because most BIOS don't support some features needed for OSx86, or has been removed from the BIOS ( like Acer did )

I have a ACER ASPIRE M3630, I saw a topic about mine and the M5360, but I'm to afraid to try it because it can mess things up real good, if I used the wrong BIOS.

If you download the latest BIOS for Acer Aspire M3630/M5630.....i.e. R01-A4, backup your current BIOS and then flash to the latest version (using AFUDOS.EXE inc. in BIOS download folder)......and if it does not work with OS X.....then try the Kabyl modded BIOS.....R01-A3....... :D

Thanks, I downloaded it yesterday but was to unsure to do a flash.

So I double checked everything I flashed my BIOS with the modded A4 version.

It worked !

But... ( always the )

As I tried installing video drivers it makes my osx86 hang at the apple logo.

All the hard search and work on installing and make a reanonable dualboot out of it... :(

So I will ( of course ) reinstall it.

My next question which I will not open a new topic for, will be...

Where can I download drivers for my XFX Nvidia Gerforce 8600GTS ( ddr3 / 256mb ) ?

I have checked, the version I use is 10.5.4 ( so I should first install the 10.5.5 update from the main page, or is there something else I need to know before I... ?

If you have a ACER M3630 / M5630 you should be able to install OSx86 with the modded BIOS.

ACER locks down all the good stuff in the BIOS so someone has made a modded BIOS for us. ( Thanks )

But... ( always the )

Seems like there is no LAN drivers, maybe my new PCI card has MAC supported drivers.

But then again, onboard LAN of my ACER never worked though.

So far, I still perfer Windows. ( since I'm used to windows )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got my M5630 to work with modded R01-A4. All 4 cores working (Core2Quad 6600) in OSX.

But USB2.0 support is gone even in Windows.

I checked the BIOS options and recognized an entry missing under "Integerated Pepherals" for USB2.0.

I found R01-C1 on Acer website and flashed my BIOS again. Now USB2.0 supported again, but OSX just working in cpus=1 mode.

Has anybody experienced a similar occurence?